• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

Low of 47 here.  Beautiful day on tap.  Random factoid, through yesterday our average temp for the month is exactly (down to the tenth of a degree) equal to what it should be at this point at 61.4 degrees.  That will obviously change after the heat this weekend but interesting nonetheless.  Also, Mount Washington scooped the national low yesterday at 20 degrees.  Carry on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 47 here.  Beautiful day on tap.  Random factoid, through yesterday our average temp for the month is exactly (down to the tenth of a degree) equal to what it should be at this point at 61.4 degrees.  That will obviously change after the heat this weekend but interesting nonetheless.  Also, Mount Washington scooped the national low yesterday at 20 degrees.  Carry on. 

Keep them lows coming I can dream about them. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And the bar is set.  Will paweather stay above 70?  I am guessing models have been perused and parsed to come up with that number?

Actually no. I haven't looked at a model in quite some time. I'm basing my call on memory from similar temp/dew/wind component/cloud cover nights in the past. Just seems like we're primed for a night where a lot of areas don't make it below 70.

An uneducated guess if you will. LOL 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

And the bar is set.  Will paweather stay above 70?  I am guessing models have been perused and parsed to come up with that number?

...and now Elliott is liking what I'm suggesting:

For the first time since August 27, 2021, I am now predicting the mercury to reach or exceed the 90-degree mark at Millersville and across the entire Lower Susquehanna Valley outside of the highest elevations (i.e. South Mountain). In fact, it's not out of the question that temperatures reach 93-95 °F in downtown Lancaster, York, and Harrisburg. Factor in sunshine and 60- to 70-degree dewpoints, and heat index values will be in the mid-to-upper 90s in the hottest locations. Because our bodies haven't experienced or acclimated to these kind of temperatures since last summer, it's critical to stay hydrated, avoid alcoholic beverages, and take frequent indoor breaks to minimize the risk of heat exhaustion, especially if you're engaging in strenuous activity or plan to spend several hours outdoors. Wearing lightweight and light-colored clothing is also a good idea in extreme heat. The sultry air mass will remain in place Saturday night and prevent overnight lows from falling below 70 °F in most spots, and I can't rule out a second-consecutive 90-degree day on Sunday depending on the timing of an approaching cold front.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

...and now Elliott is liking what I'm suggesting:

For the first time since August 27, 2021, I am now predicting the mercury to reach or exceed the 90-degree mark at Millersville and across the entire Lower Susquehanna Valley outside of the highest elevations (i.e. South Mountain). In fact, it's not out of the question that temperatures reach 93-95 °F in downtown Lancaster, York, and Harrisburg. Factor in sunshine and 60- to 70-degree dewpoints, and heat index values will be in the mid-to-upper 90s in the hottest locations. Because our bodies haven't experienced or acclimated to these kind of temperatures since last summer, it's critical to stay hydrated, avoid alcoholic beverages, and take frequent indoor breaks to minimize the risk of heat exhaustion, especially if you're engaging in strenuous activity or plan to spend several hours outdoors. Wearing lightweight and light-colored clothing is also a good idea in extreme heat. The sultry air mass will remain in place Saturday night and prevent overnight lows from falling below 70 °F in most spots, and I can't rule out a second-consecutive 90-degree day on Sunday depending on the timing of an approaching cold front.

Elliott trying to make enemies with this highlight?

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Elliott trying to make enemies with this highlight?

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry, I missed the part that you bolded. LOL

Yeah, that isn't going to go over very well with a few here...

I just emailed him and told shut his pie hole :sizzle::drunk:

edit- i don't need his negativity 

• Haha 3