• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

19 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So now my daughter tells me all of our local school districts are dismissing early due to the severe threat.

I've never heard of that before.

A tornado ripped the roof off our school in 5th grade. They literally sent us al to the gym to finish classes for the day.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I thought I was hearing things...hearing some good thunder. A storm popped out of nowhere to my west. I thought that line wasn't going to hit me

Yes, it literally formed right over me.  Picked up 0.15".  Almost no wind.  It's done now and the sun is out.  lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

From Elliott within the past 30 minutes:

It appears that a large portion of the Lower Susquehanna Valley & northern MD may be spared, or "gapped," by the worst of the storms

As I said earlier.  I just wasn't feeling it today. So many times these "severe outbreaks" are hyped up, and the we end up getting garden variety storms.

I literally just put this rooms ac window unit in the other day and rain was coming through the sides slightly. Of course it would. Especially after buying this new computer desk I have near it lol. Heavy rain doesn't seep through unless its blowing directly at it. I have the edges sealed up for the most part but it still finds its way in

• Sad 1

Watching that line as it moves toward Tamaqua, and it's doing what they all do. 

New convection fires east of town toward Carbon County and the Poconos as the original line dies out.

Topography for the win (loss). The I-81 corridor in Eastern Schuylkill County is a bona-fide storm killer.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The 'Cane is basically gone on the 12Z GFS.  Actually a fairly benign period with not a ton of qpf.  Some occasionally chilliness.  540 line just N/W of PA.

I’d watch the weekend cold front. Large swaths of severe potential from the SPC as that thing moves east.