• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

Through day 2 of the event.  High is in far western LSV where between 2.5 and 3" has estimated to have fallen.  Lots of decent sized areas of .5-1" scattered around the area.   If Monday plays out, along with tomorrow's rain, we could see some impressive totals in some places.  I thought 1" was the limit but seems to be expanding beyond that for quite a few. 

image.thumb.png.d7fb42838b958595908a712b7002f5cc.png

34 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Voyager i guess the heat is coming later this week but I don't think its staying for more then 2 days...but i'm no forecaster.

Looks like maybe Friday and then Sat for the heat possibilities.  Canadian has really pulled back on any heat but the Euro still has a day or two.  Ironically the Euro has a very cold airmass 10 days from now.  Something to watch. 

37 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Voyager i guess the heat is coming later this week but I don't think its staying for more then 2 days...but i'm no forecaster.

I guess 2 days is better than 0 days, but I really want some sustained summer weather, not brief warm-ups followed by a week or more of 15 to 20 degrees below normal.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like maybe Friday and then Sat for the heat possibilities.  Canadian has really pulled back on any heat but the Euro still has a day or two.  Ironically the Euro has a very cold airmass 10 days from now.  Something to watch. 

Hard to tell how that plays out. GFS has been consistent in its depiction of a hurricane blasting across Florida in that timeframe so that could have some say in our weather in PA if it materializes. Euro does look quite chilly with that system coming out of the Midwest and tracking across the lower Great Lakes.

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

There were several posts a couple days ago plus several posts about excessive rain this weeked ...but I know the sports talk can make it hard to see (part my bad).     MU was tooting. 

Elliott started talking about the severe threat for tomorrow LAST weekend. He really has been all over it.

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A grand total of .06” over here. 

Finished with .42" here.

27 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So how bad could it be? This is one time I'm rooting AGAINST it.

This morning he was talking about straight line winds of 65-70mph as the primary threat. He didn't say a whole lot about the Tornado threat but it was just a short blurb. I imagine he'll provide detailed analysis this evening.

3 hours ago, TimB said:

Hard to tell how that plays out. GFS has been consistent in its depiction of a hurricane blasting across Florida in that timeframe so that could have some say in our weather in PA if it materializes. Euro does look quite chilly with that system coming out of the Midwest and tracking across the lower Great Lakes.

I was taken back when I saw the euro.  Like a Yankee ran wearing a Red Sox cap.