• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

I need to stop making weather predictions and stick to sports instead. I said in February that this team wasn't getting out of the 2nd round. I said that after we picked up Harden. 

Despite not seeing this team as one that could seriously contend, my biggest gripe is the lack of effort. As a season ticket holder I expect better. And as such, my money is going elsewhere going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I need to stop making weather predictions and stick to sports instead. I said in February that this team wasn't getting out of the 2nd round. I said that after we picked up Harden. 

Despite not seeing this team as one that could seriously contend, my biggest gripe is the lack of effort. As a season ticket holder I expect better. And as such, my money is going elsewhere going forward.

Couldn’t said better I’m sorry for believing in Harden. So not true.

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thing is, you could make money on your predicts.  No one is paying for missing a qpf predict but they do pay for any sports bet you can conceive. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Another thing.  While the MDT therm was going up and down this afternoon, of the dozens and dozens of ob's, only 3 (or so) were even numbers.  The rest were odd and 2 degree jumps back and forth.    So the temp jumped what 50-100 times....and almost always jumped to another odd number. 

That’s the Celsius thing. For example, 76F = 24.4C, which rounds to 24C (75.2F) and shows up as 75. Likewise, 78F = 25.6C, rounds to 26C (78.8F) and shows up as 79.

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just read the Steelers have all games in the eastern time zone and will travel less than any team. 

and most of their games are at 1pm. can you speak with the NFL and get us more of the 4pm? Thanks in advance.

To me, Its looking like spotty type showers this weekend with not much moisture. Not a wash out by any means.

27 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

and most of their games are at 1pm. can you speak with the NFL and get us more of the 4pm? Thanks in advance.

To me, Its looking like spotty type showers this weekend with not much moisture. Not a wash out by any means.

I talk to the NFL all the time.  Not sure if they listen.   :-)

Sun looks better than Sat or Mon if you follow the cloud forecast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I'm probably in the minority - I love the 1pm kicks. In fact, I plan every trip to make sure we get a 1pm game. That way, we can walk back to the hotel, get settled in, and watch the 4:25 and 8:15 games. :) 

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Exactly, wish it wasn't the case but is what it is.  I actually hit 82 yesterday, 60 for a low last night.

I wrote a longer post to discuss the craziness of our scientific weather services using such an inexact science but decided to just leave the phrase inexact science as my thought.  Regardless of rounding, MDT went from 75-81-77-79 over a 25-30 min period yesterday.    That is the real issue for me. 

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thing is, you could make money on your predicts.  No one is paying for missing a qpf predict but they do pay for any sports bet you can conceive. 

Dallas showed something last night - such a novel concept, "hey, our backs are against the wall, let's come out and do everything we can to extend this series to the limit."

Good for them. It's a crying shame that not every team has that mentality in the same situation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Dallas showed something last night - such a novel concept, "hey, our backs are against the wall, let's come out and do everything we can to extend this series to the limit."

Good for them. It's a crying shame that not every team has that mentality in the same situation. 

And against a team that only lost 18 games. 

My high yesterday was 84. I seen Williamsport had a high of 82 yesterday. Why Have I been noticing that Williamsport typically in the spring always seem to have higher temps then mdt? Is the river the influence? To me I don't think my accurite weather station is far off on its reading. It's just where I live that makes the difference.

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Would be a great upset. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is a situation where the Sun's played so poorly last night that they have to prove they can win at this point.   I heard the opening better odds are going to be 52% Phoenix/48% Dallas. 

At this point, I'm rooting for Milwaukee vs. Dallas. Probably won't happen though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm probably in the minority - I love the 1pm kicks. In fact, I plan every trip to make sure we get a 1pm game. That way, we can walk back to the hotel, get settled in, and watch the 4:25 and 8:15 games. :) 

oh yeah, when i go to games, i try to hit the 1pm. But when I watch at home, i like the 4pm. The 1pm games people start showing up at 1130-12 and i get nothing done. Then they tend to stay for the 4pm lineup and you know how that all ends up then. :drunk:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wrote a longer post to discuss the craziness of our scientific weather services using such an inexact science but decided to just leave the phrase inexact science as my thought.  Regardless of rounding, MDT went from 75-81-77-79 over a 25-30 min period yesterday.    That is the real issue for me. 

MDT’s official high was 80, so the 81 was definitely a rounding of a Celsius number.

I learned some new stuff about how this ASOS stuff works yesterday (or at least how it worked in 1998, when the below was published, and it’s possible it hasn’t changed). The 5-min obs are actually averages of five 1-min obs. It’s described in section 3.1.2 of the link below.

https://www.weather.gov/media/asos/aum-toc.pdf

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TimB said:

MDT’s official high was 80, so the 81 was definitely a rounding of a Celsius number.

I learned some new stuff about how this ASOS stuff works yesterday (or at least how it worked in 1998, when the below was published, and it’s possible it hasn’t changed). The 5-min obs are actually averages of five 1-min obs. It’s described in section 3.1.2 of the link below.

https://www.weather.gov/media/asos/aum-toc.pdf

That makes it even worse, no?  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That makes it even worse, no?  

I’m certainly not arguing that it makes it better, I’m with you that it looks wonky as all hell. It’s the Susquehanna River, not Lake Superior. Just relaying info about how the ASOS obs are calculated.

• Like 1