• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Uh oh, Lowry out for Game 6.  May be bad news for the Sixers and Mav's.  Mav's only seem to win when Philly wins.   Heat better without Lowry like Griz better without Ja. 

Yep the end tonight for the Sixers. If they win that's fine we just will watch another terrible game 7. 

7 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

If it wasn't for that storm off the coast we'd probably be part of that heat wave with some record highs

Dew point is already 60 here

Sort of unbelievably, the record high at MDT is 90 or above every day in May except May 2. Actually 90 or above every day from Apr 17 on except Apr 21 and May2...until Sept 28. 

14 minutes ago, TimB said:

Looks like MDT did just record a 5-min obs of 81, so the high will be at least 80 and your streak ends at 208.

How can it be 208 when it was 207 on Monday?   That would make it 210. Maybe I misunderstood?   This is comical.   (Edit, I see what you were doing.  You were counting Monday as not having taken place yet.  I thought you meant Sunday made 206.  

image.png.b5fb5504442fc1269bb6ae063555b6b4.png

On 5/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, TimB said:

Was just looking at that this morning, remembering how crazy I thought your 210-220 prediction sounded. Today is day 206 at MDT. Sure, there’s a chance of a day overperforming but the current forecast does not show MDT quite getting to 80 this week or weekend. There are 10 other years that have made it this far into May without a single 80. Another week and it’ll be down to 5.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

How can it be 208 when it was 207 on Monday?   That would make it 210. Maybe I misunderstood?   This is comical.   (Edit, I see what you were doing.  You were counting Monday as not having taken place yet.  I thought you meant Sunday made 206.  

It looks like Monday was day 206 without hitting 80. So Tuesday, Wednesday, but not Thursday would make 208.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still, even if you take the 75 to be a 76 that was rounded to the nearest degree Celsius and the 81 to be an 80 that was rounded, you’re looking at a 4 degree increase in 9 minutes in the late afternoon of a sunny day. It’s odd.

15 minutes ago, TimB said:

Still, even if you take the 75 to be a 76 that was rounded to the nearest degree Celsius and the 81 to be an 80 that was rounded, you’re looking at a 4 degree increase in 9 minutes in the late afternoon of a sunny day. It’s odd.

Yes, MDT is obviously not a good source of scientific information as it pertains to the LSV as a whole.  It really brings into question all records for this area.   If the temp is changing due to water temp of the Susky, so be it, but it is not representative of the area. 

23 minutes ago, TimB said:

MDT has gone up and down from 75 to 77 to 79 a few times since we started this convo.   Brings into question whether they have really hit 80 several times already. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

MDT has gone up and down from 75 to 77 to 79 a few times since we started this convo.   Brings into question whether they have really hit 80 several times already. 

For contrast, every 5-min obs at PIT since 2:50 has been 81. Every single one of them.

Just now, TimB said:

For contrast, every 5-min obs at PIT since 2:50 has been 81. Every single one of them.

Yea, the MDT ob's are flawed and no one will change my mind on that.  Just a question of why.   So is THV. It's life.  Does not really matter much as to important stuff but Blizz is probably going to love it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB said:

Another thing.  While the MDT therm was going up and down this afternoon, of the dozens and dozens of ob's, only 3 (or so) were even numbers.  The rest were odd and 2 degree jumps back and forth.    So the temp jumped what 50-100 times....and almost always jumped to another odd number.