• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Team HIA?  LOL.  I was seeing other posts in the low to mid 30's (not me) so I had to point out MDT.  Superstorm made another good call on the overachieving lows.  Maybe some frost tomorrow AM out my way. 

I really am a part of the team - the "typical" flight pattern has aircraft flying pretty much directly overhead on approach to MDT. Sometimes I can even hear the landing gear deployed. 

34 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The rightful kings have returned to their thrones, as the national high/low temps were 112 at Rio Grande Village, TX and 0 at Peter Sinks, UT, respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sinks

I had to look it up - what a fascinating place. I might have to add this to my 3 week odyssey out west in a couple of years!  

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sinks

I had to look it up - what a fascinating place. I might have to add this to my 3 week odyssey out west in a couple of years!  

Indeed.  I have a fascination with high elevation inversion spots, just allow for such extreme cold and variance.  You would earn the title of ultimate weather weenie if you actually visited that desolate hole in the ground haha.  Do it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed.  I have a fascination with high elevation inversion spots, just allow for such extreme cold and variance.  You would earn the title of ultimate weather weenie if you actually visited that desolate hole in the ground haha.  Do it!

Well, we'll be in Utah...so I'm saying there's a chance. :)