Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Yep, yesterday was gorgeous.

Crazy about the weather in OBX, wow,

Speaking of wind, i know @candersonand i talk about our crazy wind. I put a new American Flag up on my porch pole April 27, yesterday while mowing I noticed the bottom is ripped and frayed. I buy decent flags and They usually last 6 months to a year. 

Winds have become "normal weather" around here lately. Not sure why though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The dearth of 80's on the 6Z GFS has my attention.    I believe the record would be set verbatim.

It was going to get warm over the weekend and prob hit 80 Saturday - but what's keeping the warmth at bay now? Is it the easterlies with that system that won't leave the Atlantic? 

Just now, canderson said:

It was going to get warm over the weekend and prob hit 80 Saturday - but what's keeping the warmth at bay now? Is it the easterlies with that system that won't leave the Atlantic? 

Even at this weekend the record may be set (though a chance Thursday could hit 80.)  @TimB had the stats, I can't find his post, but by this weekend we should be in the 210's as to days since last 80 at MDT. Ironically the weekend rains and clouds, keeping the temps down, is partially moisture from last weekends system.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Even at this weekend the record may be set (though a chance Thursday could hit 80.)  @TimB had the stats, I can't find his post, but by this weekend we should be in the 210's as to days since last 80 at MDT. Ironically the weekend rains and clouds, keeping the temps down, is partially moisture from last weekends system.  

Was just looking at that this morning, remembering how crazy I thought your 210-220 prediction sounded. Today is day 206 at MDT. Sure, there’s a chance of a day overperforming but the current forecast does not show MDT quite getting to 80 this week or weekend. There are 10 other years that have made it this far into May without a single 80. Another week and it’ll be down to 5.

1 minute ago, TimB said:

Was just looking at that this morning, remembering how crazy I thought your 210-220 prediction sounded. Today is day 206 at MDT. Sure, there’s a chance of a day overperforming but the current forecast does not show MDT quite getting to 80 this week or weekend. There are 10 other years that have made it this far into May without a single 80. Another week and it’ll be down to 5.

What was the actual record? Thought it was in the 210's.  I will give in and say that MDT hit 79 so not like it was a slam dunk forecast but it has indeed happened so far. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What was the actual record? Thought it was in the 210's.  I will give in and say that MDT hit 79 so not like it was a slam dunk forecast but it has indeed happened so far. 

Record is 239 in 1892-1893. That would be the long shot to end all long shots. The record you’re legitimately angling for isn’t the consecutive days record, but the first 80 record, which was 5/23/1893. 220 will get you there.

12 minutes ago, TimB said:

Record is 239 in 1892-1893. That would be the long shot to end all long shots. The record you’re legitimately angling for isn’t the consecutive days record, but the first 80 record, which was 5/23/1893. 220 will get you there.

The 1893 record book has some other interesting ob's.  Only hit 80 that one day in May.    Then in late June there was a stretch of several days where it stayed in the low to mid 60's setting or tying the max min record each day.  There was some rain those days but just .3" combined in all days.  

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Winds have become "normal weather" around here lately. Not sure why though.

You guys haven't been the first to mention that either I've noticed. My parents have commented on how windy it's gotten over the years. Makes me wonder if there's an underlying reason for it lol

2 hours ago, canderson said:

It was 97 at the parents yesterday and they're in NE TX. The blastfurnace is off to a quick start. 

we should fly there for a party. your treat naturally

12 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

You guys haven't been the first to mention that either I've noticed. My parents have commented on how windy it's gotten over the years. Makes me wonder if there's an underlying reason for it lol

I have lived here all my life. The winds have gotten more noticeable to me in the early 90s and have seemed to increase yearly. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Climate shift

What within that large umbrella specifically is causing more wind though?

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is a bit harsh.  LOL.   Nug's had lot's of injury issues this year. 

I would have voted for Jokic or Giannis. I still think Giannis is the best player in the game. Milwaukee doesn't even dream of winning a title last year without the Greek freak.