• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain has stopped and radar is drying out...rainfall total is 4.16". We'll see if any additional showers pivot this far west overnight but we should be done.

Man you really scored big on me this time. I added .88” yesterday for an event total of 3.16”, a full inch less than you. Crazy. But let me guess, my low of 41 outdoes you?

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

So to the model watchers - will Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday be dry? 

I havent checked the models but most of the weather sites are saying it should be doesnt look like any great rain chances till late fri/sat

4 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Man you really scored big on me this time. I added .88” yesterday for an event total of 3.16”, a full inch less than you. Crazy. But let me guess, my low of 41 outdoes you?

Actually my low was 41 as well. :)

I have a friend in Bainbridge who recorded 4.22".

2 hours ago, Anduril said:

I havent checked the models but most of the weather sites are saying it should be doesnt look like any great rain chances till late fri/sat

I hope you/they are right. I spent three hours hand washing this thing in expectation of a nice weather week.

FB_IMG_1652027714128.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely beautiful day. Wife and I needed it after both being really sick for the last week (not covid thankfully) and gave us an excuse to finally let Twilight our new puppy out for a bit she loved the weather. Also, pic for the puppy tax

280261241_10102885760934236_1441459141966238066_n.jpg

• Like 7

Was reading on Accuweather about the 1977 Mother's Day snowstorm. I'd never heard of it until now but it sounds really impressive. It was so late that all the plows were already put away for the season and had to be reattached

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/mothers-day-snowstorm-1977-new-england-northeast-us/1179968

mothersdaystorm2.jpg?w=632

• Like 1

We are moving right along now away from the back and forth between 30s, 50s and 70s and between the comforter and cotton blanket.  It is 37 in Williamsport right now but no more 30s I think for us, except possibly tonight.  Today is supposed to be 73/40 with all daytime temperatures in the next 10 days in the 70s and 80s.  After Tuesday, all nights will be in the 50s and 60s.  

I am not ready for months of constant heat and humidity but it'll be here in about a month.  I hope we have a lot of good sunny days in the low to mid 70s in the meantime. They are the best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

Looks like they have extended rain chances from Friday through Monday/Tuesday now.  I'd like @Bubbler86and @paweather to speak with the weather gods and address that issue. 

Not another weekend washout. I remember a summer about 20 years ago that was like that most weeks. Nice Monday through Thursday, increasing clouds Friday, and then rain on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope this isn't going to be one of those summers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

Looks like they have extended rain chances from Friday through Monday/Tuesday now.  I'd like @Bubbler86and @paweather to speak with the weather gods and address that issue. 

Well, at least we salvaged a really nice Sunday after initial forecasts had the clouds and drizzle potentially lasting into the afternoon. Perhaps by later this week, the weekend forecast won't be so threatening.

My in laws are down on OBX right now (Kill Devil Hills) and today's forecast is for clouds, showers and a high of 55. 55 on the North Carolina coast on May 9th.

Oh, and there's NE wind blowing through tomorrow night at 30-35 mph sustained with gusts to 50. 

My wife called her mother last night - in laws are oceanfront, and the house was shaking a lot. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well, at least we salvaged a really nice Sunday after initial forecasts had the clouds and drizzle potentially lasting into the afternoon. Perhaps by later this week, the weekend forecast won't be so threatening.

My in laws are down on OBX right now (Kill Devil Hills) and today's forecast is for clouds, showers and a high of 55. 55 on the North Carolina coast on May 9th.

Oh, and there's NE wind blowing through tomorrow night at 30-35 mph sustained with gusts to 50. 

My wife called her mother last night - in laws are oceanfront, and the house was shaking a lot. 

Yep, yesterday was gorgeous.

Crazy about the weather in OBX, wow,

Speaking of wind, i know @candersonand i talk about our crazy wind. I put a new American Flag up on my porch pole April 27, yesterday while mowing I noticed the bottom is ripped and frayed. I buy decent flags and They usually last 6 months to a year.