• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not a good start to the community pools season. 

I wonder if Caledonia actually opens this year.  Their schedule seems very limited already.  Only 60 days open every day. 

The pool is open:

Weekends only -- from Memorial Day weekend until the second weekend in June
Seven days-a-week -- from the second weekend in June to mid-August, weather and staff availability permitting
Weekends only -- from mid-August through Labor Day Weekend

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wonder if Caledonia actually opens this year.  Their schedule seems very limited already.  Only 60 days open every day. 

The pool is open:

Weekends only -- from Memorial Day weekend until the second weekend in June
Seven days-a-week -- from the second weekend in June to mid-August, weather and staff availability permitting
Weekends only -- from mid-August through Labor Day Weekend

We have the same issue here at work - we used to rely heavily on students to fill our busiest season (May through the beginning of September) but we can't find the numbers that we used to, and those that do work are only available until the end of the first week of August. We get a little over 2 months from most of them, and that's it. 

I have very fond memories of swimming at Caledonia as a child. My grandparents had a cabin about 5 miles north of the park up off Rt. 233. We'd have big family gatherings during the summer, and all of us kids were sent down to the pool to work off extra energy. LOL

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We have the same issue here at work - we used to rely heavily on students to fill our busiest season (May through the beginning of September) but we can't find the numbers that we used to, and those that do work are only available until the end of the first week of August. We get a little over 2 months from most of them, and that's it. 

I have very fond memories of swimming at Caledonia as a child. My grandparents had a cabin about 5 miles north of the park up off Rt. 233. We'd have big family gatherings during the summer, and all of us kids were sent down to the pool to work off extra energy. LOL

A lot of families still do that sans the pool last summer. 

It is also hard for students who aspire to go to college to also have a full work schedule...even during the summer. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

A lot of families still do that sans the pool last summer. 

It is also hard for students who aspire to go to college to also have a full work schedule...even during the summer. 

Yep, there are so many things that people are involved with these days. 

I hesitate to say this because I'm really go to show my age here...life just seemed a lot simpler years ago. Not as many things vying for attention. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes indeed...going to feign a look of disappointment Saturday morning, say the "right" things to my wife...all while smiling on the inside.

I Biid you well on Saturday and hope you Maxey your time but not to the point of Millsapping all the Springer in your step.  It may be Harden to look out at the Green grass growing, but you will have to put a Korkmaz in you stress knowing that growing is better than Brown.  Before you know it, you will Shake off the dampness and get in several Myles of mowing. But, until it dries off you will have to Tobias the line and watch the river Jordan flow through your yard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I Biid you well on Saturday and hope you Maxey your time but not to the point of Millsapping all the Springer in your step.  It may be Harden to look out at the Green grass growing, but you will have to put a Korkmaz in you stress knowing that growing is better than Brown.  Before you know it, you will Shake off the dampness and get in several Myles of mowing. But, until it dries off you will have to Tobias the line and watch the river Jordan flow through your yard. 

That is awesome! Very well done. :lol:

• Haha 1

Downright UGLY!

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
Tonight
Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday
Rain. High near 57. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Friday Night
Showers. Low around 49. East wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Saturday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 11am, then showers between 11am and 2pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 53. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Latest 3K goes 3-5" for the LSV.  2-4" on the HRRR.   Already close to 1/2" in some places.

So what's causing the blob of excess rain in Central PA? Every global and meso has it in nearly the same area. Everywhere else around it, the totals are about 1/4 to 1/2 less. 

23 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So what's causing the blob of excess rain in Central PA? Every global and meso has it in nearly the same area. Everywhere else around it, the totals are about 1/4 to 1/2 less. 

Strange were gonna get this excessive rain, being in June it will be 50 years since Agnes. All we don't  need is a tropical system in June to meander around and cause flooding.

50 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Strange were gonna get this excessive rain, being in June it will be 50 years since Agnes. All we don't  need is a tropical system in June to meander around and cause flooding.

No we don't. I will say though that this nice soaker is good for my mother in law's backyard. I graded and re-seeded it two weeks ago, and it just started to sprout. This rain, and the sun next week, should push it nicely.