Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

73 for the high yesterday the low this morning was 32

Wow.  64 high yesterday and 43 this AM here.   Such a difference.  It was chilly most of the day yesterday.   We have only had a handful of days in the 70's since the start of the year.  Seems like my coldest spring since moving back.  Unfortunately coldest equals normal. Other springs were warm.    MDT finished the month at a negative departure of 1.9 degrees. 

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow.  64 high yesterday and 43 this AM here.   Such a difference.  It was chilly most of the day yesterday.   We have only had a handful of days in the 70's since the start of the year.  Seems like my coldest spring since moving back.  Unfortunately coldest equals normal. Other springs were warm.    MDT finished the month at a negative departure of 1.9 degrees. 

Yes April seemed like a cold month for sure. Seems the farmers are behind this year in planting, up this way.

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS, CMC and Euro all advertise a very wet week with the Euro in particular showing a low tucking and retrograding from Fri-Mon....moving South down the coast of the US. Euro QPF.

image.png.6134ce7982a6abf68ecc1efd53a1fd81.png

I noticed it is starting to get dry recently even without the heat. These winds that seem unabated are drying it out.

17 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yes April seemed like a cold month for sure. Seems the farmers are behind this year in planting, up this way.

I have not noticed much difference in farmers this way but like I had mentioned before, our trees are just now starting to bloom (Maple/Oak).  I was down in Hagerstown yesterday and trees were much more full.  It is dry here as well but that seems destined to change dramatically over the next 7-10 days.   I may try to sneak my second mow in early next week. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just drove 15 from Dillsburg to Gettysburg and it was pouring and dropped to 51 degrees from the previous high of 63 in this area.    Estimated rain/radar does really peter our East of the river.   .6  back at the house. 

52 here now. Just reached .25"