• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm really not in the market for a mower right now but I will be looking into getting an Ego. 

FWIW I've used an EGO mower for two seasons now and I love it. Granted I have less than half an acre to mow, but it usually takes me about an hour, and the battery lasts long enough to get through it without having to recharge.  Also, my yard is pretty hilly (great for sledding, sucks for mowing), so the fact that its light weight and has a smooth self-propel is really convenient. The low noise and headlight feature comes in handy too for dusk mowing.. I'm too much of a baby to mow during the soul-sucking daytime hours during the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like my high today will end up at 66 - several degrees cooler than I thought. It's gotten pretty cloudy here. 

@Jonesy56@Bubbler86 - thank you very much for the mower advice/tips. 

And tomorrow is getting warmer every 6 hour son the model so may even out a bit over the two days. 

15 hours ago, Jonesy56 said:

FWIW I've used an EGO mower for two seasons now and I love it. Granted I have less than half an acre to mow, but it usually takes me about an hour, and the battery lasts long enough to get through it without having to recharge.  Also, my yard is pretty hilly (great for sledding, sucks for mowing), so the fact that its light weight and has a smooth self-propel is really convenient. The low noise and headlight feature comes in handy too for dusk mowing.. I'm too much of a baby to mow during the soul-sucking daytime hours during the summer.

Thanks for the input!  I have been thinking about a battery push mower, weed whacker, and leaf blower, but wasn’t sure which brand to go with.  I was thinking Stihl just because I trust the name, now I’ll look into Ego.

59 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Thanks for the input!  I have been thinking about a battery push mower, weed whacker, and leaf blower, but wasn’t sure which brand to go with.  I was thinking Stihl just because I trust the name, now I’ll look into Ego.

Other than longevity, which is a bit early for most Ego owners, I have heard nothing but good.  The Tesla of mowers sans the self driving feature. 

• Like 1

I bought one of the Hart mowers from Walmart as our Black & Decker corded mower gave up the ghost last fall. I've done two mowings with it and it's easy to use and seems powerful enough. I just need the grass to actually fully grow to give it a real review. We have so many different cultivars of grass that the cooler tolerant ones are growing fastest so it's not a nice even carpet yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I bought one of the Hart mowers from Walmart as our Black & Decker corded mower gave up the ghost last fall. I've done two mowings with it and it's easy to use and seems powerful enough. I just need the grass to actually fully grow to give it a real review. We have so many different cultivars of grass that the cooler tolerant ones are growing fastest so it's not a nice even carpet yet.

Interesting perspective.  I wonder if my grass type (not sure) is more warm happy; thus the lack of growing vs. Sauss or training.  I did have finally some buds on my trees last night so will have May leaves.   I went up 1000 feet and nothing so going to be a brown start to May in Blue Ridge.