• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

Models are definitely too warm. HRRR and NAM says much of the LSV should be 41-43.... but no one (or nearly no one) is above 40 right now. 39 at Millersville. Could definitely see sleet (or stray snow flakes) mix in with the heavier stuff this evening here in Lancaster

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

36. Patiently awaiting some coastal love action ...

Impatiently for me, but even if it does, I have to go to bed early for work tomorrow, so I'll likely miss the big show (if there even is one)...

Right now, that is one ugly dry slot, but one that I've seen far and away too many times over the years.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Went to school in Hazleton and at 1700’ that town could do April snow.

Yes it can. I live close and worked up there for years.

As for that line of heavy precipitation moving north, it appears to really be moving. I'm thinking (hoping) it'll be here in an hour so I can see at least a little bit of "the show".

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yes it can. I live close and worked up there for years.

As for that line of heavy precipitation moving north, it appears to really be moving. I'm thinking (hoping) it'll be here in an hour so I can see at least a little bit of "the show".

Went to PSU there for two years. Definitely got to know elevation and what it can do. Had a great icing event November 1997 and hell of a snow storm right before Easter in 1998. 

That arc of moisture could be fun later. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Forget the snow raining again 

Same here. That heavy band brought rising temps both at the surface and aloft. I'm at 36 again in the backyard, and the upper levels have warmed as well. I thought it would get here as snow, but...

Perhaps there was a legit reason CTP lowered my totals with their evening forecast.

Screenshot_20220418-211901.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mesoanalysis has 850s below 0 near Hagerstown maybe a bit east . 925mb 0 line near Gettysburg fwiw

CC line is collapsing south  north of Harrisburg.    Probably not going to make it down to the MD line though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

36/35 here with winds shifting due north . Definitely a changeover at some point but it might just be white rain later on  near precip shutoff .

At this point that would be fine with me. If I can't see it fall, then I don't need to wake up and see it on the ground.