• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

8 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Some trees have blossomed out along with stuff like daffodils and Magnolia blossoms but at least in this area there is basically zero leaf out of anything to this point thanks to what has been quite the bi-polar month that has been chillier more often than warm so far. And that’s down here at this elevation in the valley (and also in town), so fortunately if there are significant amounts that aspect shouldn’t be a factor. 

Thanks, MAG. Glad to read it won't cause too much damage in that regard.

Party pooper! (MU's Elliott JUST Updated):

Rain will overspread the Lower Susquehanna Valley from southwest-to-northeast through 2 p.m. & continue during the evening before gradually tapering off after midnight. The heaviest rain will occur from 6-11 p.m., w/a general 0.75-1.50" expected. Expect a slow afternoon commute.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain will overspread the Lower Susquehanna Valley from southwest-to-northeast through 2 p.m. & continue during the evening before gradually tapering off after midnight. The heaviest rain will occur from 6-11 p.m., w/a general 0.75-1.50" expected. Expect a slow afternoon commute.

His "expect a slow afternoon commute" may mean snow covered roads and he forgot to add that part?   :-).  I will be surprised if the western LSV does not see some decent periods of snow.  We now have steady light snow here. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This may not be a very popular post, but I am happy to get rain.  Even a few inches of wet snow could be damaging to many trees in the area.

1 minute ago, anotherman said:

This may not be a very popular post, but I am happy to get rain.  Even a few inches of wet snow could be damaging to many trees in the area.

This - I'm ready for a soaking rain, and haven't been expecting any snow.

As Bubbler pointed out, that's likely not going to be the case for everyone, however. 

Light precip just commencing here on a pretty stiff southerly wind gusting to about 25 mph or so. Mainly pingers so it’s already a frozen form. Temp is 38ºF but the dewpoint is 18ºF, so I expect a clean snow transition and a quick temp drop to freezing when the much heavier stuff on the doorstep arrives. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Keeps changing from parachutes to a lighter snow/graupel mix here.  When the parachutes start, it starts accumulating on the sides of the roads but then melts after a few min.  But we officially have accumulating snow mid day in mid April. 

All snow at course in Fairfield.   Still golfers out playing in it :facepalm: