• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

You better get MDT back on track.   Wonder what the record is for consecutive days under 80?   I am sure we are not near it yet but what if we get to May 10th?  That would be over 200 days.  In fact I think over 200 looks likely now. 

MDT must have been under the influence of the chilly waters of the Susky yesterday. Most areas just SE of the airport were comfortably into the lower 80s...

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Even I support this. I want my Thanksgiving to be chilly and Christmas to be downright cold. Well, neither of those happen very often anymore. But I've always liked a warm Easter. Good day to get outside and stuff. 

I'm not sure about downright cold for Christmas. 30 for the high is ok. I do like both Thanksgiving and Christmas to be overcast and gray, though. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You better get MDT back on track.   Wonder what the record is for consecutive days under 80?   I am sure we are not near it yet but what if we get to May 10th?  That would be over 200 days.  In fact I think over 200 looks likely now. 

Not even close. It’s at 181 now and would need 58 more days to set a record, and 44 more to even catch 2019-20. Last year also got to 201.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MDT must have been under the influence of the chilly waters of the Susky yesterday. Most areas just SE of the airport were comfortably into the lower 80s...

Yea, I was surprised when I saw it so looked back.  I am betting Canderson, and maybe you, have topped 80 2-4  times since MDT last did. 

Just now, TimB said:

Not even close. It’s at 181 now and would need 58 more days to set a record, and 44 more to even catch 2019-20. Last year also got to 201.

I think MDT gets close.   Guessing 210-220.  But the other stations cracking 80 more than once since Oct 15th is the real surprise for me with HIA not getting it. 

I think MDT gets close.   Guessing 210-220.  But the other stations cracking 80 more than once since Oct 15th is the real surprise for me with HIA not getting it. 

220 is bold, looks like 5/24 would be a record for latest first 80 at MDT.

33 minutes ago, TimB said:

220 is bold, looks like 5/24 would be a record for latest first 80 at MDT.

It is bold but as Canderson just mentioned, he has hit 80 5 times already "this year", not sure if that means this season or from Jan 1.  With MDT not hitting 80 yesterday it is going to take a mid to upper 80's type day to get them there it seems. 

An almost frosty (and unexpected) low of 35.6 this morning.  But, at 10:30 it has rapidly rebounded up to 61.5.  Yesterday was my first official day with a high of 80 or more with 80.1 degrees.  2 days ago (Wednesday) my high was 79.2, which was the warmest day of the year so far, then eclipsed yesterday.

A wee bit of frost on the big apple Sat night. 

Thanks. It's a bit of annoying weather - we are seeing 3 shows this weekend so inside theaters but then walking to dinner. Don't want to wear a jacket due to tight seats but don't want my junk to climb up into my belly button either. First-world problems, no doubt. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Thanks. It's a bit of annoying weather - we are seeing 3 shows this weekend so inside theaters but then walking to dinner. Don't want to wear a jacket due to tight seats but don't want my junk to climb up into my belly button either. First-world problems, no doubt. 

I heard a lot shows were cancelled. Did not verify that though.  The HRRR,  Nam and GFS are very rainy Sat night in NYC. Low spins up just off Long Island. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I heard a lot shows were cancelled. Did not verify that though.  The HRRR,  Nam and GFS are very rainy Sat night in NYC. Low spins up just off Long Island. 

Last week they had a few - Plaza Suite which we see Sunday was closed because Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker had Covid. But they're returning Saturday evening. 

Boo on rain! 

Just now, canderson said:

Last week they had a few - Plaza Suite which we see Sunday was closed because Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker had Covid. But they're returning Saturday evening. 

Boo on rain! 

I looked after my statement.  Here is the list but from last weekend as mentioned.

https://www.newyorktheatreguide.com/news-features/broadway-and-off-broadway-shows-that-have-cancelled-performances-due-to-covid-19

13 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Ratios probably struggling to even touch 10:1 but this should hardly be surprising anymore to see snow chances this late

We’ll go right to summer by May 10th I’m sure knowing the last few years 

Agreed, ratios will not be great but if temps at freezing, with cold the day before, we could see real accums on the non road surfaces using the Nam depiction.