Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

what is the chance of severe later?

High. Tornado warnings likely. 

Oh you mean here and not at my parents (who have been in 5 TOR warnings in a month, including another last night and likely another today)

Don't think anyone here gets much - it doesn't look like a severe warning is even in the books but if winds get ramped up it might be briefly for someone. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Tough time of the year - some want to hang on to anything remotely resembling winter as long as the possibly can, while others are beyond ready for warm weather to persist. 

Both feelings are perfectly acceptable. :) 

And some are just talking weather :-).  Though I usually will not talk about average temps and non anomalous weather.   Tracking this stuff now, in Dec-Feb, would be a bore at that time but now it is off the beaten path weather.  A chance of snow on Easter. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

High. Tornado warnings likely. 

Oh you mean here and not at my parents (who have been in 5 TOR warnings in a month, including another last night and likely another today)

Don't think anyone here gets much - it doesn't look like a severe warning is even in the books but if winds get ramped up it might be briefly for someone. 

HOLY M-fer

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And some are just talking weather :-).  Though I usually will not talk about average temps and non anomalous weather.   Tracking this stuff now, in Dec-Feb, would be a bore at that time but now it is off the beaten path weather.  A chance of snow on Easter. 

Here's some info on the upcoming pattern and return to well BN temps:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I really need to take a break from the weather in general. This shit is depressing me beyond belief. So much so that if I don't, it WILL be detrimental to my health. 

All I want is seasonal 60's and 70's. Not more rainy cold...

:(

I will opine that I think it is tough to get constantly similar weather in Spring.   The average high for today, at MDT, is only 63.  It is way above seasonal today.  The rain is unfortunate though. 

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I really need to take a break from the weather in general. This shit is depressing me beyond belief. So much so that if I don't, it WILL be detrimental to my health. 

I might be on an island but I think any of us having any extended below normal weather temps is not going to happen anytime any of us are alive. 

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

I'm affected similarly by the weather and I've noticed for the past month or so that I'm often about 5 or so degrees warmer than you. Not a huge difference, but that 5 degrees is usually enough to tip the scales toward making it a "good" day for me, especially if there's lots of sun and minimal wind. 50 and overcast feels a lot different than 55 and sunny. And I live on a hill now. When I lived along the edge of the city, as a general rule you could add an extra degree or two to the daily high.

For reference, Training (approximately 8 miles east of me) is usually around the same temp or a bit warmer than me, regardless of season, and you and Bubbler (approx 50 m w/sw) are usually around 5 (or more) degrees colder. Mahantango is usually colder during the fall and winter, but hotter during the summer.

If moving to the deep south or southwest isn't an option, maybe a much shorter move to York or Lancaster would be enough to make a difference...