• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

Pacers and the Pistons what is funny. Unless they sit guys out which they could if there isn't playoff seedings. 

I'm mainly giving you a hard time...but nothing is easy for this team. I was at the Charlotte game this past Saturday. It was my 21st game in person this season. It was the first we've won by double digits. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I agree with Training.  The usual result of "we're not" is it happening :-).    The Mav's lost to the Wiz by over 30 last week.  

Cool Men Gift Nobody Beats The Wiz Summer Tee Men's Short Sleeve T-Shirt at  Amazon Men's Clothing store

I mean...honestly, those kinds of statements come back to bite the offender in the arse far too often. My son talks like that about the Steelers, and it pisses me off to no end. Back in 2014, we were at the Buccaneers game at the Ketchup Palace. The Bucs finished 2-14 that season...guess who one of their wins was against?

And it was without their starting QB! 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean...honestly, those kinds of statements come back to bite the offender in the arse far too often. My son talks like about the Steelers, and it pisses me off to no end. Back in 2014, we were at the Buccaneers game at the Ketchup Palace. The Bucs finished 2-14 that season...guess who one of their wins was against?

And it was without their starting QB! 

Yea, having a sense humility goes a long way to being a winner even when ones team loses.  It can go both way as well.  I remember when UMBC beat UVA a few years ago (1v16) and I got all these texts from people trying to rub it in.  The thing is, I never said UVA was a guaranteed winner so I was not deserving of those texts.  So many have a jaded view of sports and if you announce you like a team,  all of a sudden you are personally responsible for carrying them to a win.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, having a sense humility goes a long way to being a winner even when ones team loses.  It can go both way as well.  I remember when UMBC beat UVA a few years ago (1v16) and I got all these texts from people trying to rub it in.  The thing is, I never said UVA was a guaranteed winner so I was not deserving of those texts.  So many have a jaded view of sports and if you announce you like a team,  all of a sudden you are personally responsible for carrying them to a win.  LOL

I wanted to come back and respond to this. You are so right. I admit that I struggle a lot with obnoxious fans, or fans that just tend to talk "stupid". I will never brag on my team nor will I ever give someone else a hard time unless I feel like I'm being provoked to do so. I will say that back in 2011, I was getting beat up by Red Sox fans all season long. A lot of it was...classless. I never once provoked anyone, but it didn't stop the trash from being hurled at me. Of course, all the Red Sox had to do was beat the Orioles on the final day of the regular season to clinch a postseason birth. Camden Yard was full of red and blue that night...trust me on that, I was there. Well, the O's came back dramatically and walked it off which sent the Sox home packing. The team and the fans celebrated like we won the World Series. Honestly, I felt vindicated and more than satisfied. I don't think I've ever felt more smug as I did that night walking out. And I told more than one Red Sox fan where to go. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wanted to come back and respond to this. You are so right. I admit that I struggle a lot with obnoxious fans, or fans that just tend to talk "stupid". I will never brag on my team nor will I ever give someone else a hard time unless I feel like I'm being provoked to do so. I will say that back in 2011, I was getting beat up by Red Sox fans all season long. A lot of it was...classless. I never once provoked anyone, but it didn't stop the trash from being hurled at me. Of course, all the Red Sox had to do was beat the Orioles on the final day of the regular season to clinch a postseason birth. Camden Yard was full of red and blue that night...trust me on that, I was there. Well, the O's came back dramatically and walked it off which sent the Sox home packing. The team and the fans celebrated like we won the World Series. Honestly, I felt vindicated and more than satisfied. I don't think I've ever felt more smug as I did that night walking out. And I told more than one Red Sox fan where to go. LOL 

Yea, it does feel good when ones own stadium gets overrun but Red Sox or Yankees fans....and your team does something to hurt them.    Most Red Sox fans are a bit cocky, IMO.   

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it does feel good when ones own stadium gets overrun but Red Sox or Yankees fans....and your team does something to hurt them.    Most Red Sox fans are a bit cocky, IMO.   

Both Yankee and Red Sox fans overrun Camden...but there a subtle difference. Sox fans are worse to tolerate for whatever reason. 

Just now, anotherman said:

We HAVE to protect the Philly sports fan narrative.  I am so tired of being crapped on by everyone NOT in Philly.  Don't tell me about what kind of fan I am.  We are LOYAL and PASSIONATE.  Maybe we get carried away sometimes, but who doesn't, right?

It took all of 3 home games for James Harden to start hearing boos. There is NO one like a Philly sports fan. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I spend more time there than probably anyone in this forum. No problem with me. :) 

Most of my family is from Philadelphia, so I am pretty protective.  Not to mention that there are generations of Philly sports futility that run through my veins.  I was just messing with you.  I know you're one of us.

13 minutes ago, anotherman said:

We HAVE to protect the Philly sports fan narrative.  I am so tired of being crapped on by everyone NOT in Philly.  Don't tell me about what kind of fan I am.  We are LOYAL and PASSIONATE.  Maybe we get carried away sometimes, but who doesn't, right?

Well I am unsure if this is a joke or not but I suspect I have gone to more sporting events in Philly than anyone except maybe Training.  Easily over 500.    The fans are some of the rudest I have ever encountered.    I was at every game that Steve Jeltz hit a HR at the Vet. (a rare feat).  Most Philly fans are proud of their reputation. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well I am unsure if this is a joke or not but I suspect I have gone to more sporting events in Philly than anyone except maybe Training.  Easily over 500.    The fans are some of the rudest I have ever encountered.    I was at every game that Steve Jeltz hit a HR at the Vet. (a rare feat).  Most Philly fans are proud of their reputation. 

Maybe because you're not one of them.  Every fanbase has idiots.  It is unavoidable.