• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

15 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mowed for the 5th time this spring this afternoon.

Now, before people chuckle over my grass length fanaticism, my grass was nearly 8" high today prior to mowing. Yes, it has been growing THAT much...

I was the 4th person to mow on our block.  I'm usually the first.  My wife said I'm slippin.  First ones to mow were 2 weeks ago.  I was surprised at how early they mowed, but their grass looks great...

• Like 1

Ugh...I absolutely HATE backdoor cold fronts that ruin my heat waves...

How can you not love that sweet sweet east breeze, bringing those glorious low clouds with its heavy refreshing mist rejuvenating your sunburned skin. Knowing that the 60’s you woke up to wont rocket up to the swamp ass oppressive 90’s for a day of pure relief. Shorts and a light long sleeve shirt and most of all no swamp ass feels glorious

. Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

How can you not love that sweet sweet east breeze, bringing those glorious low clouds with its heavy refreshing mist rejuvenating your sunburned skin. Knowing that the 60’s you woke up to wont rocket up to the swamp ass oppressive 90’s for a day of pure relief. Shorts and a light long sleeve shirt and most of all no swamp ass feels glorious

. Pro

Probably a top 5 weather "experience" for me - I love when that east wind kicks in suddenly and temps start to drop. Something I don't think about a lot but when it happens...yeah, you're right. That's a great weather moment. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

aren't we to be sunny and high 50s this weekend?

Night time lows near freezing and current GFS highs are mid to upper 40's Sat and Mid 40's on Sunday (LSV).  Saturday in particular looks a lot like one of those days where it could rain or snow at anytime (no accums).  

Temperatures will be significantly below normal for the
weekend, but will rebound early next week as upper trough lifts
out and a ridge build in. Monday could be a transition day with
surface ridge directly over the area, then expect warm
springtime temperatures by Tuesday, as the high pushes off the
coast and a return southwest flow ensues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

. Pro

Everytime that happens, I want to drive into a bridge abutment... 

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Would not be surprised if some in the LSV see flakes (or graupel) on Saturday...along with the rain showers.  Whether capital of Enola or Capital of Harrisburg.  LOL 

i'm going to a HS baseball game at 11 and mowing directly afterwards. (with cold beer in my hand) regardless if there is flakes in the air or flakes on the grass. 

shit, i think i just wrote a country song :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Probably a top 5 weather "experience" for me - I love when that east wind kicks in suddenly and temps start to drop. Something I don't think about a lot but when it happens...yeah, you're right. That's a great weather moment. 

Best time, by far, in the summer to do yard work. Especially if you get a little more potent cut off low so you have a nice sustained 15mph easterly wind with mist. Keeps all the bugs away. Ground is nice and soft. Trick with the more potent ones is to make sure you’re out there early before any destabilizing can occur and your mist becomes heavier showers. But you definitely want a good stiff chilly breeze that acts like a giant bug slapper. Day like today is to calm

. Pro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Euro had MDT 2PM temps of 52 on Sat and 46 on Sunday. Scattered rain, snow  and mixed precip throughout the area both days.  Very similar to that very wintery weekend two weekends ago except a little less windy.  Accums relegated to western portions of the LSV.  

image.thumb.png.3eb5e2514043d14edb28eb85b26c1d19.png

Nice Spring Wintry Weekend in store for us.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Euro had MDT 2PM temps of 52 on Sat and 46 on Sunday. Scattered rain, snow  and mixed precip throughout the area both days.  Very similar to that very wintery weekend two weekends ago except a little less windy.  Accums relegated to western portions of the LSV.  

That plainly just sucks. I have no other words to describe it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

More cold weather for the final 2 games of my 76ers season. Cold walk from the parking lot to the building - it never once warmed up nice enough to enjoy some tailgating this season.