• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Spring 2022

13 hours ago, Voyager said:

This is ridiculous. For the next week, and beyond, temps in my backyard are going to struggle to even get to 50 degrees. The more I hate on the cold, the longer it's duration.

I think you'll be alright.  This is cut n paste for tamaqua.  While I dont enjoy springs cold and usually unrelenting wind, but this seems like normal spring to me.

I'm disliking it just the same as i do every year.  Its my least favorite season for sure.

Today
Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
Tuesday
A chance of rain, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday Night
Rain, mainly after 8pm. Low around 45. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Wednesday
Rain likely before 11am, then a chance of drizzle or light rain after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 55. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Wednesday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday
Showers. High near 53. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Thursday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
A chance of showers after 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.

Must i keep reminding you its baseball season? I'm going to the Senators game Easter Sunday. I'll take sunny and 75 please.
I'm tired off the F-ing wind. Once again my patio furniture is blown over and i lost more shingles from my ridge cap. Y'all laugh [mention=1156]canderson[/mention]talking about the wind, but i don't ever recall it being like it has the past couple years. 

This. The wind is incessant and often destructive.
  • Like 1

49 here, minimal wind for now and mostly cloudy. It’s a bit colder than I’d prefer for this time of year, but with no wind, it’s actually quite pleasant out. And it feels about 15 degrees warmer when the suns peeks through. Been hearing lots of songbirds the past week or two. Spring has definitely arrived here in York, and is picking up momentum, even if the daily temps don’t show it yet. 

11 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Must i keep reminding you its baseball season? I'm going to the Senators game Easter Sunday. I'll take sunny and 75 please.

I'm tired off the F-ing wind. Once again my patio furniture is blown over and i lost more shingles from my ridge cap. Y'all laugh @candersontalking about the wind, but i don't ever recall it being like it has the past couple years. 

Lol… I wouldn’t mind 60’s with sun either.

My daughter had softball practice tonight & temps near 50 with a slight breeze was not too pleasant.

However, if the models are showing April snow in our region, then I will keep on tracking until it disappears for 7 months!

21 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Bring it!

2020 had mid April & early May snow showers!

I hope if it comes it is with little wind.  April 9th and 10th look a lot like the previous weekend (not last weekend) state wide snows for 3-4 days   Windy (unfortunately) with constant rain or snow showers coming in from the West. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hope if it comes it is with little wind.  April 9th and 10th look a lot like the previous weekend (not last weekend) state wide snows for 3-4 days   Windy (unfortunately) with constant rain or snow showers coming in from the West. 

More freaking wind again? I'm so tired of this 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol… I wouldn’t mind 60’s with sun either.

My daughter had softball practice tonight & temps near 50 with a slight breeze was not too pleasant.

However, if the models are showing April snow in our region, then I will keep on tracking until it disappears for 7 months!

i coached softball for a looooooooooooooong time. Spring always sucked

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

51 with clouds and sun. I'm all about anomalous weather events, and snow in mid April sounds "interesting" - at the same time, I've never been more ready for sustained warmth. The cold and winds of late have flat out sucked. 

May hit 80 early next week....sustained?  Eh, not sure about that. 

PS-I noticed some of the Spring Flingers in the MA are moaning.  One of these years they will stop spring flinging in mid-Feb and avoid the curse that have set onto themselves.   LOL