Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, jaydreb said:

40s and 50s are nice in October, when you’re getting a break from months of 80s and 90s.  But they’re no good in spring.  

Bring on the fcking 70s already as I’m over the 50s. Average high is mid 60s now and I’ve had enough of the “well in the sun it’s ok” temps. 

• Like 2

I have been outside digging holes for holly trees. 54 in the sun and I am in short sleeves and sweating a bit. Would not want it much warmer for doing outside work. With just a light breeze now it feels perfect.

75+ and humid will be dime a dozen soon enough. I prefer a gradual transition to our 6 month summer lol.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IronTy said:

We've decided to build a yurt on the mountain land in the interim while we save cash to build our cabin.  I can't wait til next fall.  I've yet to see the land without snow on the ground though.  We're gonna go camping sometime in April or may, hopefully when the mountain laurels are blooming.  It's gonna be fun where 80" is considered below normal!

Sounds awesome dude. Can’t wait to hear more about the yurt. 

• Thanks 1

We've decided to build a yurt on the mountain land in the interim while we save cash to build our cabin.  I can't wait til next fall.  I've yet to see the land without snow on the ground though.  We're gonna go camping sometime in April or may, hopefully when the mountain laurels are blooming.  It's gonna be fun where 80" is considered below normal!

Sounds awesome. Been looking myself. Where are you building?

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

I have been outside digging holes for holly trees. 54 in the sun and I am in short sleeves and sweating a bit. Would not want it much warmer for doing outside work. With just a light breeze now it feels perfect.

75+ and humid will be dime a dozen soon enough. I prefer a gradual transition to our 6 month summer lol.

Preach it!

I suspect a lot of the "can't wait for 70s and 80s" folk don't work hard outside! ;)

I'm just glad I don't have allergies.  When I was younger I had severe hay fever.  As in "abandon the tractor and crawl back home when an attack comes severe".  100% incapacitated. 

33 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Preach it!

I suspect a lot of the "can't wait for 70s and 80s" folk don't work hard outside! ;)

I'm just glad I don't have allergies.  When I was younger I had severe hay fever.  As in "abandon the tractor and crawl back home when an attack comes severe".  100% incapacitated. 

No allergies here either. I get those pollen strings piling up all over the deck and walkway in Spring, and I just go hit it with the leaf blower. The worst I get is mildly itchy eyes for a few minutes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

No allergies here either. I get those pollen strings piling up all over the deck and walkway in Spring, and I just go hit it with the leaf blower. The worst I get is mildly itchy eyes for a few minutes.

An allergy pill every day for the last 20 years and hopefully 20+ more. So many things are better now than when I was a kid and that includes allergy meds. I remember lying awake for hours as a kid in spring and fall so frustrated because my sinuses were 100% stuffed. Did the weekly allergy shots as a kid too and tried as an adult but they’re too inconvenient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

It was so nice and calm this morning- just a breeze. That innocent weak little clipper.. now a strengthening low offshore. Damn PGF.

I had admittedly not paid close attention to the forecast but I thought today was supposed to be nicer than yesterday. How wrong I was.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

Nothing will impress hillbilly rednecks like a yurt, doubtless. You’ll be like Lawrence of Arabia to them, especially if you buy some goats.

38 clear and calm. 

I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on hillbilly rednecks B)

30 this morning, least the wind isn't blowing....yet. Crazy how windy it became again yesterday, especially in the afternoon, 25-35 gusts. Sheesh. I agree with Mappy, easily one of the windiest weeks I can remember. Oh, and the 'mostly sunny with increasing clouds late afternoon' forecast is toast. Sun was out first thing, now completely clouded over and glancing at satellite gonna stay that way. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic