April Discobs 2022

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
16 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m so tired of the wind. Make it stop.

15 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

**** the wind. 

10 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

100000% in agreement on the comments here re: wind.

That is the one thing we do exceptionally well in the mid atlantic.....wind. If it is forecast, it happens. Unlike rain or snow or even cloud cover, those are missed often, wind, nope. Heck, we can have 20-30 mph winds at times and they not even in forecast! 

13 hours ago, nj2va said:

If it hadn’t been for that dreadful December, we would have finished at or slightly AN for the season. Probably ~80”, which is 30” below the average. 

We've decided to build a yurt on the mountain land in the interim while we save cash to build our cabin.  I can't wait til next fall.  I've yet to see the land without snow on the ground though.  We're gonna go camping sometime in April or may, hopefully when the mountain laurels are blooming.  It's gonna be fun where 80" is considered below normal!

52 minutes ago, IronTy said:

I hate 40deg days.  It looks gorgeous out but there's just enough chill to need a coat and I still have to run the wood stove.  50s suck too since they always seem to feature wind around here. 

40s and 50s are nice in October, when you’re getting a break from months of 80s and 90s.  But they’re no good in spring.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic