• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2022

George BM

It can be fraught when we weenies discuss what and when is good weather and bad weather, but it's also very entertaining :D

dude the scope and thoroughness of your obs/records for your location is always impressive.

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Only down to 29.1 here, nowhere near a record low. Now the high? Yep, broke 1983's 48 'cool max' with a 45.1 degree high. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

It can be fraught when we weenies discuss what and when is good weather and bad weather, but it's also very entertaining :D

dude the scope and thoroughness of your obs/records for your location is always impressive.

It honestly amazes me how @wxdude64 has kept at it consistently since October 1979. True dedication.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am scared to post anymore because Hoffman and CAPE don't like it when people note the weather kinda sucks from their viewpoint.  Looking forward to a few days of warmer weather before it gets cold again next week. I guess one day of warmer weather means we have to agree that five days of shit weather is the price to pay. 

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am scared to post anymore because Hoffman and CAPE don't like it when people note the weather kinda sucks from their viewpoint.  Looking forward to a few days of warmer weather before it gets cold again next week. I guess one day of warmer weather means we have to agree that five days of shit weather is the price to pay. 

easier to just ignore than be scared. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

lol you can post whatever you want. What makes you think I 'don't like it', just because I disagree that April has been mostly cold and miserable, or should be in the 70s all the time. It is fine to want that if that's what floats your boat, but like I said, that is more typical of May and unrealistic to expect for much of April, which tends to be changeable. The month will probably end up above average, like just about all months do anymore. 

• Like 2

Hoping for a pens loss today.

Would be nice for the caps to avoid a first round match up with the Florida panthers.

Caps struggle against teams with speed and Florida has plenty of that.

Yesterday I ordered tickets to the first home game of round 1 at capital one.

@nj2va please avoid capital one arena. 

:lol:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Would be nice for the caps to avoid a first round match up with the Florida panthers.

Yes, 100% agree on that first round matchup.  Malkin’s suspension is over so he’s back in the lineup today.

I’m going to tomorrow night’s game.  Early apologies :( 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

It looks like it probably is going to come down to tiebreaker between our teams... if we have same number of points it goes to regulation wins and then if still tied, regulation and overtime wins.  

As of this morning, both teams have 35 regulation wins, so tied there.  2nd tiebreaker Penguins have, 41 to 39 over the Capitals, which is ROW).

WSH has vs TOR/vs NYI/@ NYI/@NYR left

PIT has @ DET/@ PHI/vs EDM/vs CBJ left 

Don't forget about Boston either... they also have 99 points but have 1st WC position right now due to one less game played.  They play the Rangers today at 3pm.  Boston currently has 36 regulation wins... so if WSH and BOS tie at end of season on points, Boston would get #1 WC and WSH would be #2 WC.  If WSH and BOS were to tie on points and regulation wins, Boston wins 2nd tiebreaker of ROW 45-39

49 minutes ago, yoda said:

It looks like it probably is going to come down to tiebreaker between our teams... if we have same number of points it goes to regulation wins and then if still tied, regulation and overtime wins.  

As of this morning, both teams have 35 regulation wins, so tied there.  2nd tiebreaker Penguins have, 41 to 39 over the Capitals, which is ROW).

WSH has vs TOR/vs NYI/@ NYI/@NYR left

PIT has @ DET/@ PHI/vs EDM/vs CBJ left 

Don't forget about Boston either... they also have 99 points but have 1st WC position right now due to one less game played.  They play the Rangers today at 3pm.  Boston currently has 36 regulation wins... so if WSH and BOS tie at end of season on points, Boston would get #1 WC and WSH would be #2 WC.  If WSH and BOS were to tie on points and regulation wins, Boston wins 2nd tiebreaker of ROW 45-39

Don't think the caps are catching Boston. 

It comes down to pens or caps with the 3rd seed/wild card 

Caps losing in OT to Vegas on Wednesday night was a big point in regards to deciding the spots for Caps/Pens

15 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Fn sports. I can’t watch the Caps unless I subscribe to ESPN +.  Such BS.

Yep. Total BS. They've done this a handful of times this season to a caps game.

OV is at the team picture today and Helping Ted onto the ice. 

Hopefully his injury is not a big deal.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic