Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, mappy said:

James, the guy whose tweet you shared last night, lives in Fargo. He messaged me, Mark and Ian this am to tell us he was heading south to Iowa for the Mod Risk lol

tornadoes >>> snow

That’s a tough one. Problem with severe is even with the ingredients there it’s not a lock you get anything good. You can just plant yourself in a blizzard and wait for the action to roll over you.

That said, in mid April I’d probably chase the severe too lol. 

22 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

gah! He's going the wrong direction!

lol that's what @stormtracker told him on twitter 

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That’s a tough one. Problem with severe is even with the ingredients there it’s not a lock you get anything good. You can just plant yourself in a blizzard and wait for the action to roll over you.

He wasn't going to see much snow in Fargo, 2-3". I'd go severe chasing too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol that's what @stormtracker told him on twitter 

He wasn't going to see much snow in Fargo, 2-3". I'd go severe chasing too. 

This discussion made me go back through my pictures from last year. Such a wonderful time out on the plains even though I didn’t see a tor. Texting my wife now about getting back out there lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Whoa whoa whoa. If it was me sitting there waiting then based on my luck the blizzard would dry slot, fringe and be too warm. Snow holes follow me. 

So I’d go track severe and take my chances

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Whoa whoa whoa. If it was me sitting there waiting then based on my luck the blizzard would dry slot, fringe and be too warm. Snow holes follow me. 

So I’d go track severe and take my chances

You bring the hot air with you?

Severe chases aren’t tropical :wub: but they are nice. Even if you miss a tornado you can see so many other great features. 

I haven’t been on the road really since the October hurricane force wind event up here. I’m getting restless. 

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You bring the hot air with you?

Severe chases aren’t tropical :wub: but they are nice. Even if you miss a tornado you can see so many other great features. 

I haven’t been on the road really since the October hurricane force wind event up here. I’m getting restless. 

Are those features called Applebees and Golden Corrals?

• Haha 3

Just now, H2O said:

Are those features called Applebees and Golden Corrals?

If we’re talking about those features, they’re called whatever my wife wants me to spend money on :lol: 

That was the deal. She drives during the chases and I pay for whatever food she wanted. Great compromise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If we’re talking about those features, they’re called whatever my wife wants me to spend money on :lol: 

That was the deal. She drives during the chases and I pay for whatever food she wanted. Great compromise. 

Oh wow. Both of you chasing. That's a nice duo between you and your wife.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

Never in a million years would I want that in April. It's impressive, but I'd never want it.

December, January, February, March...sure. April? Nope. Time to move on, so I'm honestly not even moved by these videos.

By the time I get to April I’m historic or bust in the snow department. It’s 70 and sunny here with clear skies and a chance of storms later and that’s about perfect to me. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic