Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2022

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
On 4/1/2022 at 1:29 PM, MacChump said:

lol US in group B with England, Iran, and either Wales, Scotland or Ukraine…texted my English friend:

F0D20F13-9E76-4DC2-A259-D09D54167311.gif.32795bd3b58cf073889439aba2e08906.gif

Tough group, but certainly nt the worst draw.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, nj2va said:

We’d stand a decent shot at emerging as spot 2 from group play you’d think? 

On 4/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, MacChump said:

yeah, i think we'd be favored to advance over iran or whatever team is the 4th for sure...

I agree. Wales is a very good side, so I expect they'll end up in our group. Kind of unfortunate to get them in the first match (if we do play them), as they'd definitely play Bale without worrying about him having played just a few days prior. Iran is no slouch, but they're nothing to fear. England is phenomenal, but they play a bit conservative under Southgate, and depending on the results of the first groups games, I don't know if we'll see them come out flying against us.

We have the talent to make it out of this group, for sure. If we're healthy going into the tournament, then I'm going to feel really good about getting into the knockout stages. At that point, we'll just have to see how the chips fall.

Turner
Dest  -  Zimmerman  -  Miles  -  Jedi
Musah  - Adams  -  McKennie
Reyna  -  Ferreira  -  Pulisic

I figure if we have this starting lineup in a knockout match, we'll put up a good fight against pretty much anyone. Of course we can't know who will be in form and all that, and our #9 situation just sucks, but that's a boss of a midfield with two really high-class attackers and two wingbacks who can cause problems. I like it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Tough group, but certainly nt the worst draw.

I agree. Wales is a very good side, so I expect they'll end up in our group. Kind of unfortunate to get them in the first match (if we do play them), as they'd definitely play Bale without worrying about him having played just a few days prior. Iran is no slouch, but they're nothing to fear. England is phenomenal, but they play a bit conservative under Southgate, and depending on the results of the first groups games, I don't know if we'll see them come out flying against us.

We have the talent to make it out of this group, for sure. If we're healthy going into the tournament, then I'm going to feel really good about getting into the knockout stages. At that point, we'll just have to see how the chips fall.

Turner
Dest  -  Zimmerman  -  Miles  -  Jedi
Musah  - Adams  -  McKennie
Reyna  -  Ferreira  -  Pulisic

I figure if we have this starting lineup in a knockout match, we'll put up a good fight against pretty much anyone. Of course we can't know who will be in form and all that, and our #9 situation just sucks, but that's a boss of a midfield with two really high-class attackers and two wingbacks who can cause problems. I like it...

My first thought was that this pool might be the toughest with three solid teams.  No Dout the US team is different this time through and should advance. 

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Carly made a he'll of a diving  play in the last minute to poke check the puck away from a high danger zone chance.

He had a big game last night. 2 goals 4 pts.

Caps needed that win otherwise the nervousness was going to set in.  Though not sure their first round matchup is going to be fun. 

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Caps needed that win otherwise the nervousness was going to set in.  Though not sure their first round matchup is going to be fun. 

Looking like a first round match up with Florida. High scoring with lots of speed.

Don't think they have the goal tending to win a 1st round match. 

Was hoping for a trade for Flurry but sounds like he wasn't willing to play for the caps. Still considers himself a Pen.

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Looking like a first round match up with Florida. High scoring with lots of speed.

Don't think they have the goal tending to win a 1st round match. 

Was hoping for a trade for Flurry but sounds like he wasn't willing to play for the caps. Still considers himself a Pen.

Yea, it would be weird seeing him playing for the Caps.  Similar to someone like Hextall playing in DC.  But I totally agree, goaltending it an issue...that and too many hero passes/rushes over the course of a game.   Sammy made more than one 10 bell save last night but then was pedestrian on two of the goals. 

Does anyone track the hummingbird migration so they can be ready to put the feeders out? I didn't know about this site before, so I put out a feeder about three weeks ago when we had that warm stretch. To no one's surprise, no hummingbirds showed up.

https://www.hummingbirdcentral.com/hummingbird-migration-spring-2022-map.htm

Looks like they generally show up here right around April 10, so I'm going to put another feeder out today.

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Does anyone track the hummingbird migration so they can be ready to put the feeders out? I didn't know about this site before, so I put out a feeder about three weeks ago when we had that warm stretch. To no one's surprise, no hummingbirds showed up.

https://www.hummingbirdcentral.com/hummingbird-migration-spring-2022-map.htm

Looks like they generally show up here right around April 10, so I'm going to put another feeder out today.

1 hour ago, FXW176 said:

Heh, put my feeders out during that warm stretch too @mattie g. Only to pull them back in when we dropped in the 20s. No sightings yet, but back out they go. And Amazon was kind enough to deliver a Peterson Hummingbird Field Guide today. :)

lol i follow that as well...figured i'd put mine out this weekend

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

We will need to trade Azaleas pictures! I’ve always thought the same about the flowers at the Masters. 

Everything about the Masters course is a landscapers dream. I even love the straight edge on all the bunkers and how they are filled with salt-like sand almost exactly three inches below the cut. The consistency and precision across the course is inspiring.

The annual fanfare around the Masters is deserved, but hopefully Augusta National will continue to confront its racist and gender privileged past.  That needs to change, though I know I’m preaching to the choir with you.

That said, I love watching it. And having the possibility of Tiger around for the weekend makes it even better.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic