Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Medium/Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

17 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea when it’s 40 and rain/snow mix it will suck. But if it was 50 and raining would it change your reality that much?  Were you going to be outside during the rain if the temp was more seasonal?  

I like what I like and I’m not gonna defend myself for it. 75>>>55 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I like what I like and I’m not gonna defend myself for it. 75>>>55 

But then isn’t the bigger issue simply that there is a storm Monday?  Even if we were in a warmer pattern it’s not going to be 75 in mid April during a rain storm. The cold pattern everyone is lamenting means 42 and rain instead of 52 and rain but it wasn’t going to be 75 during a rainstorm in any pattern this time of year. That’s how I choose to look at it and it makes the “cold April” patterns much more bearable. It will be in the 60s and pushing 70 again as soon as the storm is gone. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

But then isn’t the bigger issue simply that there is a storm Monday?  Even if we were in a warmer pattern it’s not going to be 75 in mid April during a rain storm. The cold pattern everyone is lamenting means 42 and rain instead of 52 and rain but it wasn’t going to be 75 during a rainstorm in any pattern this time of year. That’s how I choose to look at it and it makes the “cold April” patterns much more bearable. It will be in the 60s and pushing 70 again as soon as the storm is gone. 

Cool. You do you. Have a wonderful weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The general model trends support a widespread soaking rain early next week. GFS still with a further east track/later developing low than the Euro/CMC/ICON.

WPC trending wetter with qpf, but still giving significant weight to the GFS, although it has moved towards consensus. As for snow, the usual places where climo supports it in mid April would be at some risk.

46 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

Nice little -NAO here .. we are going to carry this strong-NAO/-PNA/+EPO Pacific thing into next Winter 

f336.gif

f312 (1).gif

You promised a -PNA all winter and we had Z near continuous +PNA from Jan 1 through March.

But …. -PNA all the way!!! Next 27 winters!!!

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You promised a -PNA all winter and we had Z near continuous +PNA from Jan 1 through March.

But …. -PNA all the way!!! Next 27 winters!!!

How much snow? I said the Pacific 1/3 would even out +650dm December..no alarms. 2010 did the same thing, for the Winter it was very RNA. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic