Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Medium/Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

6 hours ago, kgottwald said:

Well, we usually get extended stretches of nice weather in the fall, except when tropical storms affect the area. October is almost always our sunniest month.

October is by far my favorite month in the mid-atlantic, especially the first half. Humidity starts drying up but we still regularly get into the 70s mid-day.

It's a annual glimpse of what summer is like in Northern New England

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mattie g said:

This is going to turn out to be the worst weather April in recent memory. I can feel it.

The worst April I remember was 1983. At least a trace of rain on 18 of the first 25 days, and there was, I think, *one* sunny day. The high for the first 21 days of the month was only 64, then it got all the way up to 68. After another spell in the low fifties, the pattern finally broke on the 26th, and temps soared to 88 on the 28th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nj2va said:

What's the all time record for that area for one storm?  I know its fantasy land but I'd imagine that area doesn't see totals like that given the lack of ocean influence/'juice'?

The GFS image was the total 16-day period.  Which, absurdly, had three different snowstorms traversing northern MN.

3 hours ago, yoda said:

Minneapolis’s #1 storm is 28”+, which puts it on par with the Knickerbocker (#1 DCA) and 2016 (#1 BWI) storms.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The GFS image was the total 16-day period.  Which, absurdly, had three different snowstorms traversing northern MN.

Minneapolis’s #1 storm is 28”+, which puts it on par with the Knickerbocker (#1 DCA) and 2016 (#1 BWI) storms.  

Really contemplating chasing this thing, am I that insane? Maybe 

• Haha 1

I love it. No Low pressures in the SW on an exponential logarithmic scale, +, 1995 0.20, 2000 0.40, 2010 0.50, 2013 0.65, 2015 0.75, 2017 0.78, 2018 0.80, 2019 0.82, 2021-2, 0.90. Something to watch out for in the next few Winter's. I think it's correlation is strong. 

8b.png

8a.png

9 straight Winter's above normal in the SW. 

8c.png

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic