Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2022 Complaint/Banter Hangout

IWXwx

On 4/5/2022 at 1:06 PM, Jonger said:

If I could move my kids, girlfriend and company to a sunny location tomorrow -- I would.

Very done with the clouds. Just feels like a waste of life.

This is a post that I'd write, lol. I even comment that since winter turns off my mind and motivation, its essentially just a waste of time and for dark overcast skies to perpetually continue deep into Spring is unacceptable. BTW I've tried everything under the stratus for treating SAD and nothing works - I'm not staying for winters I was done over a decade ago. I like the changing of the seasons but I'd give it up never to see another flake again. The biggest problem is the lack of sunlight though - today was incredible with clear skies til 3, I felt totally different but as the overcast rolled back in by late afternoon I felt like shit again! 100% correlation!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

This is a post that I'd write, lol. I even comment that since winter turns off my mind and motivation, its essentially just a waste of time and for dark overcast skies to perpetually continue deep into Spring is unacceptable. BTW I've tried everything under the stratus for treating SAD and nothing works - I'm not staying for winters I was done over a decade ago. I like the changing of the seasons but I'd give it up never to see another flake again. The biggest problem is the lack of sunlight though - today was incredible with clear skies til 3, I felt totally different but as the overcast rolled back in by late afternoon I felt like shit again! 100% correlation!

I have depression when it's sunny.  SAD just amplifies it.

Stuck in the low cloud soup all damn day and won't even hit 70.   Sure, the dewpoint is 62, but if you're not outside to feel that it doesn't look much different from a gloomy day an the upper 40s.  Then it's back to cold.  Tomorrow is gonna feel nasty with the wind.

Feeling kinda hopeless looking at the long range.  GFS is probably cold biased after 7 days, but still too f**ing long.  Just hoping the next warmup isn't another short rainy BS one like this week.   Four years in a row now of cold springs and mild falls.  Would honestly prefer the other way around.  Feels like an AGW pattern shift or something. :axe:

• Sad 3

Just now, frostfern said:

Stuck in the low cloud soup all damn day and won't even hit 70.   Sure, the dewpoint is 62, but if you're not outside to feel that it doesn't look much different from a gloomy day an the upper 40s.  Then it's back to cold.  Tomorrow is gonna feel nasty with the wind.

Feeling kinda hopeless looking at the long range.  GFS is probably cold biased after 7 days, but still too f**ing long.  Just hoping the next warmup isn't another short rainy BS one like this week.   Four years in a row now of cold springs and mild falls.  Would honestly prefer the other way around.  Feels like an AGW pattern shift or something. :axe:

I agree. This sucks. I miss when we'd get 70 75 sunny days in April like normal.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:27 PM, frostfern said:

I remember last spring as a nice one in SWMI. But the only other that comes to mind is 2017 (post-Morch era)

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

I remember last spring as a nice one in SWMI. But the only other that comes to mind is 2017 (post-Morch era)

I guess last year was okay.  It was very up and down through May though with some late frost.  Unlike this year it was dry.  2020 was similarly very up and down with late frost.  Flower season was very long both years as there was a mild stretch in early April that got things started early.  This year is slow to get started.  2018 was also extremely slow to get started, then summer came in the middle of May and stayed.

• Like 1

This has been an extremely awful Easter weekend for weather, and here it fell on a late weekend slot :lol:. April 16th specifically may have had the worst wx I've ever seen for that date - zero redeeming factors aside from some brief clear skies that morning then the darkness and damp cold followed. Today is similar despite the overachieving temps. I can't believe its going to get even worse tomorrow.

I hope the full run of the GFS after 200 hours is on crack.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

This has been an extremely awful Easter weekend for weather, and here it fell on a late weekend slot :lol:. April 16th specifically may have had the worst wx I've ever seen for that date - zero redeeming factors aside from some brief clear skies that morning then the darkness and damp cold followed. Today is similar despite the overachieving temps. I can't believe its going to get even worse tomorrow.

I hope the full run of the GFS after 200 hours is on crack.

GFS showing 30’s for highs throughout the beginning of May. Old habits die hard. 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, King James said:

5 straight weeks of trash weather. Quite an impressive run 

The interesting thing with these patterns is when they break it most likely means we skip nice spring weather all together. 40s and 50s with small bursts of 60s/70s will be replaced with 80s and 90s and small bursts of 60s/70s. 

11 hours ago, King James said:

5 straight weeks of trash weather. Quite an impressive run 

And it's no better to your south. IND posted this little tidbit on their FB page:

"It's been a cool stretch into April so far with no 70° days. Last time this happened was 1990 when the first 70° day didn't happen until the 22nd."

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

And it's no better to your south. IND posted this little tidbit on their FB page:

"It's been a cool stretch into April so far with no 70° days. Last time this happened was 1990 when the first 70° day didn't happen until the 22nd."

Look what happened on May 10, 1990 in Wisconsin.  We do not need a repeat of that.