Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2022 Complaint/Banter Hangout

IWXwx

2 hours ago, Jonger said:

Every March & April I contemplate ways to move out of the Midwest

In early April I can still suck it up.  I start getting upset when it's still cloudy and stuck in the 40s and 50s in May.  Just waiting for the blossom-killing torch/freeze cycle we seem to get every year in late April / early May.  Would be nice to avoid that for once.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Jonger said:

Every March & April I contemplate ways to move out of the Midwest

Especially April.  I just spent last week south of Asheville NC.  Everyday had sun, even the day it rained ended sunny.  60s & 70s.  It was great hiking and biking weather.  Come back here to rain and snow :mellow:

At least today will be nice, sunny and 50s!! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Hearing you guys complain about your Spring weather so far, I don't miss that *AT ALL*, lol.

So far, this has been the perfect Spring here. Looks to stay that way in the forseeable future.

Spring is always the least desirable season here. Enjoyed some beautiful snow Saturday night and today there's some beautiful sunshine. Transition seasons are always changeable.  To each their own but I just would not survive living in that broiling climate you now live in lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Spring is always the least desirable season here. Enjoyed some beautiful snow Saturday night and today there's some beautiful sunshine. Transition seasons are always changeable.  To each their own but I just would not survive living in that broiling climate you now live in lol

I lived in Western Washington for 8 years.  I noticed the "cloudy" days there are not as solidly overcast as they are here.  During cool season there's always that marine instability that breaks up the clouds between showers.  You get a lot of mostly cloudy days, but not a lot of solidly overcast days.  Solid stratus, when it happens, is more of a late spring and summer problem.  There the transition from winter to spring is so boring and gradual you hardly even notice.  It's early summer that's extremely changeable, as the weather changes dramatically depending on whether the flow is onshore or not.  I prefer the Midwest though.  Much more interesting.  I could never live in a perpetually scorching climate either.

15 hours ago, frostfern said:

I lived in Western Washington for 8 years.  I noticed the "cloudy" days there are not as solidly overcast as they are here.  During cool season there's always that marine instability that breaks up the clouds between showers.  You get a lot of mostly cloudy days, but not a lot of solidly overcast days.  Solid stratus, when it happens, is more of a late spring and summer problem.  There the transition from winter to spring is so boring and gradual you hardly even notice.  It's early summer that's extremely changeable, as the weather changes dramatically depending on whether the flow is onshore or not.  I prefer the Midwest though.  Much more interesting.  I could never live in a perpetually scorching climate either.

Very interesting observation! Very interesting observation!  Never knew that about their lighter overcast out there.  I love our seasons, I have no problem with the overcast because summer is very Sunny.