• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2022 General Discussion

madwx

Low of 19 on my weather station with 3" of snow overnight for a total of 5" since Monday night.  During the same period, MQT received 5.1".  One more cold night in the teens before more average like temps take hold.

Becoming sunny today with a high of 35.

Just glancing at the GFS, this could be a wrap on the 2021-22 snow season.

13 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

Embarrass (one of the coldest towns in MN) dropped to 10 this morning, helped by some modest snow cover. 

This is their 2nd coldest temp on record so late in the season...although records only go back to 1994.  It was 4F on 4/27/2004...wow.

Their normal low in January is -9.  :snowman:

A county over in the usual cold spot, Baraga Plains dropped to 9 degrees.  They can routinely fall into the low 30's even in July.  Oddly, they're also the hot spot a lot of the time during heat waves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

A county over in the usual cold spot, Baraga Plains dropped to 9 degrees.  They can routinely fall into the low 30's even in July.  Oddly, they're also the hot spot a lot of the time during heat waves.

They in a valley?

16 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Just took these

1175122657_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.a3f2e52ab050d6af51be6c011ad39c59.jpg

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.bb2422ffdff780f3dcfc11e2370af421.jpg

Cool pics, sad wx. Even tho Old Man Winter has one helluva attitude this year, his days are numbered. Still not as bad 2013. That was a crazy April, especially here. Interesting how warm last year was with records, now the tables have turned the other way.

17 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Cool pics, sad wx. Even tho Old Man Winter has one helluva attitude this year, his days are numbered. Still not as bad 2013. That was a crazy April, especially here. Interesting how warm last year was with records, now the tables have turned the other way.

As long as we have a nice summer it’s worth it. Right now sunny and 50 would make me happy. 

• Like 1

I had a couple inches of snow in the yard this morning and there were icicles hanging from the house around noon. I’m not sure I ever remember seeing icicles hanging from a house around here at noon this late in the Spring. Typically if it does snow this late, it’s usually well on the way to melting by noon. People are worried about Sun angle in February. How about a mid August sun angle? lol

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, roardog said:

I had a couple inches of snow in the yard this morning and there were icicles hanging from the house around noon. I’m not sure I ever remember seeing icicles hanging from a house around here at noon this late in the Spring. Typically if it does snow this late, it’s usually well on the way to melting by noon. People are worried about Sun angle in February. How about a mid August sun angle? lol

Damn, that's impressive.  Much more impressed by the icicles than the snow.  

• Like 1

Down to 19 last night, winter snow banks finally gone, that 77 degree day Sat did them in. Had about 3" otg yesterday but with the high sun angle even through dense cloud cover it didn't last much past early afternoon.

Like everyone else these 10-20 below normal temps and rain/snow/wind is beyond frustrating. We don't get much spring up here anyway but even this pattern is beyond ridiculous. Looks like another 1-2 weeks of this crap. 

• Sad 1