Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2022 General Discussion

madwx

1 hour ago, kevlon62 said:
3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:
Nice soakers today, picked up almost 2".  Pushing 5" for the month.
Had 50-55mph southeasterly winds at work for about 15min around 3pm.  Was pretty wild out there.

Wow. Let's pull that much liquid equivalent, along with good cold in place, come December.

You know we drought from August to March. Come on now. 

23 hours ago, bowtie` said:

The dial on the analog barometer (from my Grandfather) is cranked way around to the right. Do not see it that high very often. I see KIND is reporting 30.35 now. 

At 8:54 a.m., KIND hit the elusive 1030mb. 30.42 for those of you that play the inches of Mercury thang.

Just came back from the QC.  Vehicle thermometer crashed from near 70 back down to 57 here.  Warm front is about 5 miles to the south atm.  Should blast through here sometime shortly, and we may make a run at 70 before midnight.  Looks like mid 80s tomorrow with strong winds.  Everyone and their dog will be out tomorrow enjoying the warmth after such a long and ghastly stretch of weather, barring this past Thursday of course.

1 hour ago, frostfern said:

I wonder how often it is that the first day to surpass 70 is also the first 80.  GRR hit 82 today.  Previous maximum was 67 on the 12th and 13th.

I looked it up.  Seems like it's a fairly infrequent occurrence.  The last time it happened at GRR was 2012.  The high on March 14, 2012 was 80 with no 70s before that.

• Thanks 1