Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2022 General Discussion

madwx

25 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Picked up 0.1" of snow early this morning.  Snowed most of the day but didn't stick.

Our 3-day stretch of 70s next Mon-Wed has now been reduced to just Wed on new Euro, with Mon/Tue staying pretty chilly.  Then several more days of cold to follow.  :axe:

58 and showers is going to feel pretty good, me thinks.

Today was day 11 with at least a trace of precipitation at KGRB. That has to be getting close to a record for KGRB. We probably have a break here the next two days, but then have more chances of rain pretty much all week next week. Since March 5th we have had over 7.5" of rain, including the rainiest March on record for KGRB with essentially 6". Any semblance of drought here from over the fall and winter is totally gone, at least short-term. It will be very interesting to see if this wet pattern continues later into the spring or if we go back into the dry pattern from fall and winter. Now only if we could get some warmth with this and we will be right back on schedule for green-up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, what a difference! Always jealous of your winter wonderland. Last year looks like it ended super early.

Last year was weird.  In the 8 years I've lived here, I had never seen the snow leave so early.  Barely crossed 150 inches here which is around 80 inches below normal.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, cyclone77 said:

Our 3-day stretch of 70s next Mon-Wed has now been reduced to just Wed on new Euro, with Mon/Tue staying pretty chilly.  Then several more days of cold to follow.  :axe:

70º for Cedar Rapids on Wednesday is gone now that all models have sped up the frontal passage to first thing in the morning, which is what the GFS has been for showing for days.  We do have a shot at 70º on Tuesday, though.

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

Stuck in the 50's over here all day long.

Yea.  It's not a terrible day, but the front just came through at a bad time.  I enjoyed waking up to some claps of thunder around 4am this morning.  As much as you can enjoy being awoken too early.  Somehow missed the rain completely though.  I think a cell passed just barely north.

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

70º for Cedar Rapids on Wednesday is gone now that all models have sped up the frontal passage to first thing in the morning, which is what the GFS has been for showing for days.  We do have a shot at 70º on Tuesday, though.

Think we'll still make 70 here Wed around midday before the front hits.  Dews in the 60s will make it feel very springlike.  

The past few days have been pretty nice with mid 60s, although yesterday's 40mph winds cut into that a bit.