Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Reed Timmer a storm chaser launched a drone in Andover Kansas and captured about the most amazing tornado video I have ever seen.  Watching the first part of the video.  Amazing stuff...

That's the best footage I've seen since the Katy, OK video a few years back. Wow!

On 4/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Grapefruit size hail? Yes, I would hope it is a truly rare event.  Lol

I cannot even imagine the damage that would cause.  Never mind personal property,  crop damage would be catastrophic.

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The guy knows how to polish a turd.

The sunnier part is definitely true. I had record monthly solar production this April and last year as well. I had 21 really sunny days this April. My April 21/22 solar production was on par to what I normally generate in June. I generated about 30% more solar the last 2 April's compared to the previous 6. 

Anyone else with Solar notice a huge increase in April production as well?

Screenshot_20220501-081327_mySolarEdge.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That Boston temp seems a little high? Although it’s probably more correct for the rest of the city.

Actually ... at both sides.  I think Fit to Bed are underdone.  900 mb's all the way to 11 C by 4pm ... straight adiabat would support those temps, but we have dual factoring of d-slope trajectory ( albeit light) under about as utterly clean unfiltered solar as can be physically possible in Earth space.  SO, the 2-meter seems it should make 72..

It's a silly minor tedium and not meant to criticize NWS or nothin' I'm just curious how it ends up.   But BOS seems it should flip on shore with the light wind field, no doubt...off Harbor SST makes 66 seem a bit lofty out there on the ice float  heh