Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

21 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Damn 40.1 here. Haven’t hit freezing in weeks. 

I knew it was coming, should have covered the asparagus, the past 2 mornings have been rough....the second the wind slows down, the temperature plummets. But the winds are howling again.

1651326841711.jpg

• Like 1

mm.   The AO flips dramatically positive in the GEF/American telecon - decent agreement among members considering the time of year, too. 

The NAO neutralizes over the next week, then... the mean creeps positive into the 2nd week of May.

The PNA has corrected down, now sloping negative for a total -D(index) of 2 standard deviations in 10 day? 

Despite where we've been and/or how ever impossible it is to imagine that being the case in this Stockholm prison camp known as the month of Anus in New England, that's a heat signal out there.   Yup -

But by heat signal I don't mean "heat wave" per se.  It means a paradigm shift away from achieving above normal temps in a cold pattern ( :wacko2: ) bullshit, toward one where every metric is above normal - measure and feel.   We'll have to see how persistent this signal is.. It's a mode change - but all fields involved signaling, it's a hemispheric guard change.  Nods given due to the weight of having all these fields flagging warmth ... I'd say post to the 7th at minimum but more like approaching May 10 -    could be faster with radiative forcing ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm.   The AO flips dramatically positive in the GEF/American telecon - decent agreement among members considering the time of year, too. 

The NAO neutralizes over the next week, then... the mean creeps positive into the 2nd week of May.

The PNA has corrected down, now sloping negative for a total -D(index) of 2 standard deviations in 10 day? 

Despite where we've been and/or how ever impossible it is to imagine that being the case in this Stockholm prison camp known as the month of Anus in New England, that's a heat signal out there.   Yup -

But by heat signal I don't mean "heat wave" per se.  It means a paradigm shift away from achieving above normal temps in a cold pattern ( :wacko2: ) bullshit, toward one where every metric is above normal - measure and feel.   We'll have to see how persistent this signal is.. It's a mode change - but all fields involved signaling, it's a hemispheric guard change.  Nods given due to the weight of having all these fields flagging warmth ... I'd say post to the 7th at minimum but more like approaching May 10 -    could be faster with radiative forcing ...

One can hope.   I’m planning to remove the ac compressor cover tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s calm to gentle zephyr this afternoon. I mean it’s about perfect now ( for spring in SNE) . This is your Coc k . It will soon be high dews season and with the way the summer pattern looks.. man does it look juicy . They coming 

Lol Nostradamus

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Imho ..the biggest defining factor and difference today isn't the 5 extra degrees ... which don't me wrong, very grateful!  But sans the wind makes for a HUGE improvement.

Agreed. Wind was way down today which felt amazing.