Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

22 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

That is a fantastic and beautiful capture of just what you are looking at there in that pristine setting . As always….

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Sunday looks the worst down to Joisey and LI.

Big sell on 40's here with surface HP overhead. 

Looks like a lot of moisture trapped in the 925-800 layer....not sure how much sun we get. Better chance up by you, but lots of onshore flow in SNE too...so not optimistic about a nice day here.

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

Hope springs eternal from the eternally optimistic I guess, but the artistry of that scene for me would be interminably improved if not for that clump of shit looking black mass of ugliness that lines the pathway

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a lot of moisture trapped in the 925-800 layer....not sure how much sun we get. Better chance up by you, but lots of onshore flow in SNE too...so not optimistic about a nice day here.

It'll be interesting to test that...  I mean the "gloom" is not showing up too well in the FOUS/NAM grid. There may be a sneaky layer in between the sigma levels given, but the ones given are < 50% RH after 12z...  which are 900, 700 and 500 mbs.   Thing is, ...we are only 3 weeks from entry into solar max time of year, ...*IF* the moisture layer is that thin, the sun's likely to punch through that ... It'd be that satellite looping where it melts away from west to east toward the coast ... circa 20 ..21 z.  

Also,.. the onshore flow is very light after 12z too.  The momentum/pulsed arrival appears to be Saturday night through dawn. After that, it's 3 kts mid boundary layer flow over Logan ...  Granted we are talking the NAM here, but that would imply more variable in the region.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I only see upside when GFS is outputting upper 40’s with 850 temps >0C. Biggest error bars on modeling is that of clouds. My bet is that output is wrong. South of I84 will be tough though. Best in Maine, worst south of 84.

9F58F5D7-E206-46A6-B598-A08ABD97BFDF.png

FA02474F-C062-4BC8-8977-B4470DC15B40.png

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Forsythia just started blooming here

We 'started blooming' those about 10 days ago but they were in no hurry. Took about a week to get to the full splendor.  Lilacs opened up and have infantile leaves with embryonic flower pods, and the brambled hodgepodge of neglected shrubbery across the road are all green with small leaflets too. 

The bigger trees ... only the sugar maples and reds are flowering. But the other maple and oaks think a nuclear holocaust must have happened. 

just sayn' this for reference as I'm like ... 70 mi due S as the crow dumps on windshield from your location here along Rt 2 in N Ma

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We 'started blooming' those about 10 days ago but they were in no hurry. Took about a week to get to the full splendor.  Lilacs opened up and have infantile leaves with embryonic flower pods, and the brambled hodgepodge of neglected shrubbery across the road are all green with small leaflets too. 

The bigger trees ... only the sugar maples and reds are flowering. But the other maple and oaks think a nuclear holocaust must have happened. 

just sayn' this for reference as I'm like ... 70 mi due S as the crow dumps on windshield from your location here along Rt 2 in N Ma

Red maples blossomed a week ago here and the petals are falling.  Sugar maple buds have barely begun to swell and probably won't flower until mid May.  Might your "sugar maples" be Norways?  Leaves are nearly indentical and Norway maple is as early as red maple.

36 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Red maples blossomed a week ago here and the petals are falling.  Sugar maple buds have barely begun to swell and probably won't flower until mid May.  Might your "sugar maples" be Norways?  Leaves are nearly indentical and Norway maple is as early as red maple.

Yes ... Norways - good call