Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Pretty cool. But this boomer obsession with grassy lawns is ridiculous. Want to save water? Stop growing grass. Idiots.  If you live in a desert, make your immediate surroundings match the climate--why struggle for the opposite?. Cactuses and succulents would do just perfectly, landscaped around rocks sand and gravel. 

The green grass was around as a goal for the greatest generation.  Don’t pin everything on the boomers.  For the record the one part of my house I don’t care about is my lawn.  It’s meant for neighborhood kids to play on as long as they don’t ring our bell too early.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Pretty cool. But this boomer obsession with grassy lawns is ridiculous. Want to save water? Stop growing grass. Idiots.  If you live in a desert, make your immediate surroundings match the climate--why struggle for the opposite?. Cactuses and succulents would do just perfectly, landscaped around rocks sand and gravel

Might be painful when the kids want to play football or frisbee.  :D

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice hideous cutoff later next week....at least we might stay on the southwest side of it, so it will just be merely annoying rather than disastrous like a May 2005 deal.

It's edging east in subsequent Euro runs, tho ... 

I realize that doesn't fit the narrative of casting April to hell and believe me, my sympathies!  heh... But just sayin' objectively.   Subjectively, I think that trend continues. The reason why is that the flow appears to keep speeding up as late mid range gets nearer. 

It's like the models are in a rush to seasonal slow down, while not warming it up LOL.   anyway - if the flow corrects, that'll probably do two things.  Alter the distribution of the NAO ... bump that feature more E. 

What a sucky month so far as far as temperature.  Nothing is growing.  Still waiting to see the first yellow forsythia  or a flowering fruit tree.  Nothing.  At least the snow from the other night has melted except for the piles that formed when it slid off the metal roof.  It must be green and spring somewhere?

Here is a graph of my temperature up here in Central NH.  I would assume it is pretty unusual to see no hint of seasonal warming through what should be the  month with the fastest rise of seasonal temperatures of the year.

temp.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's edging east in subsequent Euro runs, tho ... 

I realize that doesn't fit the narrative of casting April to hell and believe me, my sympathies!  heh... But just sayin' objectively.   Subjectively, I think that trend continues. The reason why is that the flow appears to keep speeding up as late mid range gets nearer. 

It's like the models are in a rush to seasonal slow down, while not warming it up LOL.   anyway - if the flow corrects, that'll probably do two things.  Alter the distribution of the NAO ... bump that feature more E. 

Yup. We good 

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

What a sucky month so far as far as temperature.  Nothing is growing.  Still waiting to see the first yellow forsythia  or a flowering fruit tree.  Nothing.  At least the snow from the other night has melted except for the piles that formed when it slid off the metal roof.  It must be green and spring somewhere?

Here is a graph of my temperature up here in Central NH.  I would assume it is pretty unusual to see no hint of seasonal warming through what should be the  month with the fastest rise of seasonal temperatures of the year.

temp.jpg

Everywhere .. everything

7trz8RB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

this is like a "foliage gradient pattern" this spring.. 

I've posted this ... several pages ago so won't drub it up ( when no one will look at it or comment anyway - ) but the phenotype anomaly monitoring shows above/early greening going neutral neg central into NNE.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What if it’s moving east and we are on SW periphery like Tippy and Will said?

Could be but on current progs that SW side is like western PA for nice weather.  It can change but it doesn’t scream like nice warm spring weather on various 5-day means.

Doesn’t mean it’s 38F and raining but probably not 60s and 70s.

930E6ECC-1925-442A-95E7-540F6D009910.thumb.png.2c6466050fd933e6c6391377e028858c.png

4512AD57-A314-4351-B231-C6C4928542BE.thumb.png.13487950a0da96b301b444fd75386969.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We do clover too.  Pollinators love it and it is not grub friendly. 

Clover and grass actually do well together. The clover basically feeds the grass around it through nitrogen fixation. More bees for the gardens, lower grubs, less chemicals....seems like a no brainer

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Everywhere .. everything

7trz8RB.jpg

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

• Weenie 1