• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

This doesn't look terrible, Friday through next Monday to me...   Not looking over the GFS and/or the Euro synoptics.

Both park the surface pressure pattern/ridge squarely overhead, with 850 and 925 mb thermal layouts that would easily support low 70s at this time of the solar calendar.  Sun would be the only limitation...But +7 at 925 mb in dry partly cloudy is still getting us into the mid 60s. 

I thought/previously it looked like BD hell but that's not what's being modeled through that period at this point. 

Stepping back further, this is a classic spring 'omega block'...   Every once in a blue moon, that sets up with the ridge right over one's location, with the conjoining a-hole vortexes too far E or W to effect.   Could it be, this is the proverbial blue moon? 

I guess the set up is too transient to be a block, per  se.. but through those 4 days it lasts -

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This doesn't look terrible, Friday through next Monday to me...   Not looking over the GFS and/or the Euro synoptics.

Both park the surface pressure pattern/ridge squarely overhead, with 850 and 925 mb thermal layouts that would easily support low 70s at this time of the solar calendar.  Sun would be the only limitation...But +7 at 925 mb in dry partly cloudy is still getting us into the mid 60s. 

I thought/previously it looked like BD hell but that's not what's being modeled through that period at this point. 

Stepping back further, this is a classic spring 'omega block'...   Every once in a blue moon, that sets up with the ridge right over one's location, with the conjoining a-hole vortexes too far E or W to effect.   Could it be, this is the proverbial blue moon? 

I guess the set up is too transient to be a block, per  se.. but through those 4 days it lasts -

It looks like a bunch of 65-72 degree days with cool nights. Should be ideal for tans, leaf out and lawn mowing season to begin. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s pretty ugly. Definitely not what you want to see.

Well remember when there was all the whining and worrying in late Morch and early Napril about how bad the month looked and how miserable? Pope even posted he wouldn’t see 60 again for a month at one point and he hit it at least 6 times . Instead it’s turned into one of the nicer Napril’s we’ve had in many years.. and the next 5-7 days look really nice .. especially Friday- Monday . I take the EPS and shove it 

Wouldn't care to doubt any of that.  But what we take what we can get, and if Fri - Mon end up that way, it shows a chicken shit pattern can sometimes come into range more chicken salad.

But as far as the next three weeks, it doesn't look good with blocking in the means pearled out along the 70 n region of this side of the hemisphere.  If that works out, stretches like Fri/Mon are rarefied.

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well remember when there was all the whining and worrying in late Morch and early Napril about how bad the month looked and how miserable? Pope even posted he wouldn’t see 60 again for a month at one point and he hit it at least 6 times . Instead it’s turned into one of the nicer Napril’s we’ve had in many years.. and the next 5-7 days look really nice .. especially Friday- Monday . I take the EPS and shove it 

It’s recently sucked. Will be a meh ending. Started off good. At least later week into Saturday are good. Maybe Sunday too.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What? It’s been a pretty bad month. #Hatepril 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What? It’s been a pretty bad month. #Hatepril 

Dude.. there’s been countless posters this weekend saying how nice a month it has been. Even the usual Debbie’s agreed. Especially in your area . But even ENE has been good overall. All the rains have been at night and it’s been mild to warm 

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dude.. there’s been countless posters this weekend saying how nice a month it has been. Even the usual Debbie’s agreed. Especially in your area . But even ENE has been good overall. All the rains have been at night and it’s been mild to warm 

There’s been some nice days, sure. It is spring. But it hasn’t been ‘one of the best in recent years’, at all. It’s been pretty chilly with many hoody wearing days and jackets at night. How many times have you had to put on your mittens for your morning jogs this month? I’ll set the O/U at 12.5.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s been some nice days, sure. It is spring. But it hasn’t been ‘one of the best in recent years’, at all. It’s been pretty chilly with many hoody wearing days and jackets at night. How many times have you had to put on your mittens for your morning jogs this month? I’ll set the O/U at 12.5.

It started off good and mild. Has been meh recently. You guys got a 80 day at least.

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

WOR has had a lot of gray, windy days.  

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe NW Mass.. but south of you there isn’t anyone that day this has been a bad month 

Yeah, no argument there.  Shafted on winter snow and shafted on spring sun unfortunately.   To be fair we have had a couple of absolutely gorgeous days here in April but also a few gray / showery days that were forecast to be sunny. 

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe NW Mass.. but south of you there isn’t anyone that can say this has been a bad month . If the AEMATT folks are saying it. It’s real and a bit less than spectacular.

I said it started out good, but second half of month will be meh overall. Sure some good days like what is coming up, but overall nothing really exciting in terms of warmth. And then into the crapper next week after weekend.

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I said it started out good, but second half of month will be meh overall. Sure some good days like what is coming up, but overall nothing really exciting in terms of warmth. And then into the crapper next week after weekend.

Next week looks like 60’s most days .especially inland . And may be fairy dry