Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Also needs to track more like 18z NAM and not over BOS for anyone east of buried bodies territory in SNE/S CNE if we’re talking more than a couple inches on the front end.

Once you get up into northern Cheshire county it becomes a little easier. 

We can always hope for a coop collapser for Brian. He’ll piss and moan  about the snow, but secretly he craves it. He’ll be briefly upset, mostly because Lisa will be devastated, but that quickly goes away when he gets a dozen cage free eggs from Market Basket. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m guessing a coating to 2” of wet slop.   Rain would almost be preferable.    

I guess if I were you, I’d hope for something fun. I’m dreading this crap here, but if I was going to get more than an inch I’d probably cheer it on. 

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We can always hope for a coop collapser for Brian. He’ll piss and moan  about the snow, but secretly he craves it. He’ll be briefly upset, mostly because Lisa will be devastated, but that quickly goes away when he gets a dozen cage free eggs from Market Basket. 

Not this late. I’ll be more upset than her. I want my birds outside and my pawpaw buds not snapped off. Frozen water no longer fascinates me unless it’s a Dec 20. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not this late. I’ll be more upset than her. I want my birds outside and my pawpaw buds not snapped off. Frozen water no longer fascinates me unless it’s a Dec 20. 

Growing up, lol.  I do think it's interesting to hear how all of our preferences have evolved over the long term... as there's a core of wx forum members going back two decades or more.

We've all evolved in what we like at different times of years.  Hell, DIT even used to troll people who wanted it hot in the summer.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s worse when it’s like 4-6 weeks of winter with a nuclear wasteland for months outside of that. And then Ray complains for half that because he got 12” instead or 16”.  I know my climo, but just saying.

Nice ricochet shot at ray, going to be a rough couple days for you. Looks fine end of wee though 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Growing up, lol.  I do think it's interesting to hear how all of our preferences have evolved over the long term... as there's a core of wx forum members going back two decades or more.

We've all evolved in what we like at different times of years.  Hell, DIT even used to troll people who wanted it hot in the summer.

Yeah I remember like circa 2007 and earlier when Kevin hated hot summers. Lol. 

My preference for snow hasn’t evolved though like others. I’ll take snow just about anytime and I still can’t stand hot and humid weather. Prob the only thing that has evolved in my wx preferences is in the fall, I don’t need it to flip cold right away. I used to want frigid Octobers but now I’m fine with 60F+ outdoor weather until mid November when snow threats become a little more realistic. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I remember like circa 2007 and earlier when Kevin hated hot summers. Lol. 

My preference for snow hasn’t evolved though like others. I’ll take snow just about anytime and I still can’t stand hot and humid weather. Prob the only thing that has evolved in my wx preferences is in the fall, I don’t need it to flip cold right away. I used to want frigid Octobers but now I’m fine with 60F+ outdoor weather until mid November when snow threats become a little more realistic. 

Nah. Kev never hated summer . Ever . I always loved summer. I like heat and dews and storms . I have never, ever posted about hating summer. Not sure where that emanated from. I do admit .. as I I hit early and mid 40’s.. I like it even more . And I turn 50 this November. And I want summer even more . I’m tired of cold after Feb.. especially since Morch has turned warmer .  I think I’ve even noticed diehard frigid fans like Will and Innessnow start yearning for warmth 

• Like 1

I enjoy the snow no matter what. But If it’s cat paws at 36, it’s a brutal torcher. 

I will say I enjoy the summer more. Hated the heat even 10 years ago. But I welcome it now. It’s also easier to do so when summers are as warm as they have been recently. 

One thing that has taken the joy of winter away, are these short periods of it recently. I don’t expect wire to wire, but it’s been tough to sprinkle in events stretched out for 4 months.  The cold season for me definitely has gotten tougher to deal with when there’s nothing to look forward to. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I enjoy the snow no matter what. But If it’s cat paws at 36, it’s a brutal torcher. 

I will say I enjoy the summer more. Hated the heat even 10 years ago. But I welcome it now. It’s also easier to do so when summers are as warm as they have been recently. 

One thing that has taken the joy of winter away, are these short periods of it recently. I don’t expect wire to wire, but it’s been tough to sprinkle in events stretched out for 4 months.  The cold season for me definitely has gotten tougher to deal with when there’s nothing to look forward to. 

This winter only lasted like 3 weeks up here too. Starts late and ends early last two seasons. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

This winter only lasted like 3 weeks up here too. Starts late and ends early last two seasons. 

Probably more an anomaly there. This winter was loaded with cutters. If we didn't have a black hole over CA in December, you’d have a hell of a pack all winter. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

My preference for snow hasn’t evolved though like others. I’ll take snow just about anytime and I still can’t stand hot and humid weather. 

Ok well what is the Eastern Goalpost ..for track ..Falmouth or Barnstable  ? And if this happens and it deepens rapidly from Long Island latitude thru GOM what is the reality for snow. Let’s talk possibilities for a moment not What’s most likely at This point But what’s just barely on table . Who snows in that . ORH, Shrewsbury/ Marlboro gets in game . ..Western burbs Of SNH cities ?

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been a pretty brutal stretch there the past 3 winters. At least last year was pretty good from my area to ORH and into interior RI/N CT….had a good December (sans the horrible cutter) and then a really solid period from 1/25 through about 2/20 with the signature 2/1 event that gave me 17” of paste. But you getting skunked in that one really put a damper on that period even though you did well in the super bowl event a week later. 

At least you got a HECS this winter…but yeah, kind of shitty outside of that event. If that BGM storm in mid-January had not taken the literal 1 in a 100 track, this winter would’ve looked a lot better. We would’ve added to the pack already OTG from 1/7. I still can’t believe that storm tracked like that. Lol….run that pattern another 100 times in the simulator and we prob get a KU in 90 of them. 

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ok well what is the Eastern Goalpost ..for track ..Falmouth or Barnstable  ? And if this happens and it deepens rapidly from Long Island latitude thru GOM what is the reality for snow. Let’s talk possibilities for a moment not What’s most likely at This point But what’s just barely on table . Who snows in that . ORH, Shrewsbury/ Marlboro gets in game . ..Western burbs Of SNH cities ?

If we go with an FMH/Cape track then I think 495 belt is in the game for at least a few pasty inches. Something a little west like PYM/EWB is prob more like Hubbdave up into Monadnocks and NW. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s been a pretty brutal stretch there the past 3 winters. At least last year was pretty good from my area to ORH and into interior RI/N CT….had a good December (sans the horrible cutter) and then a really solid period from 1/25 through about 2/20 with the signature 2/1 event that gave me 17” of paste. But you getting skunked in that one really put a damper on that period even though you did well in the super bowl event a week later. 

At least you got a HECS this winter…but yeah, kind of shitty outside of that event. If that BGM storm in mid-January had not taken the literal 1 in a 100 track, this winter would’ve looked a lot better. We would’ve added to the pack already OTG from 1/7. I still can’t believe that storm tracked like that. Lol….run that pattern another 100 times in the simulator and we prob get a KU in 90 of them. 

I’m definitely not looking past the blizzard. That was special. And we did well in the other 3 major events so I don’t want to sound whiny or anything like that because I know it was much worse in many spots. But man losing December and March with some brutally timed storms to wipe out the pack really takes the fun away. That’s all I’m saying. 

Take December 02 and January 03. That was tough around here, but at least we had some events to track, even if they were 495 specials. And we sprinkled in some minor events in December.  I can deal with that. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah. Kev never hated summer . Ever . I always loved summer. I like heat and dews and storms . I have never, ever posted about hating summer. Not sure where that emanated from. I do admit .. as I I hit early and mid 40’s.. I like it even more . And I turn 50 this November. And I want summer even more . I’m tired of cold after Feb.. especially since Morch has turned warmer .  I think I’ve even noticed diehard frigid fans like Will and Innessnow start yearning for warmth 

There are comments saved somewhere from WWBB… I’ll look for them.  Maybe you were just trying to fit in.  You asking folks why they enjoyed heat and humidity, because it just led to folks staying inside with AC.  Drier air was better for outdoor activities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1