Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Here's a classic blue bomb ...ho man - pleezy weezy with sugar on top.  Particularly because if you roll this series of GGEM charts thru, two days later there's a huge warm dome setting up

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

Not uncommon here in April per the Randolph records. Classic NNE stat-padder. Should at least let me finally put J. Spin in the rear-view mirror on the NE snowfall tracker page! :) 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Good luck with that. 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Nam drinking. Only way to even get something interesting outside of the shallow graves of 2K VT is to really have this bomb east of the cape. I see a lot of guidance have an inv like feature which pumps in lots of ESE flow ahead of it. Other than maybe an inch of slop to start for the nrn ORH hills, it would Be tough to get more I think.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hopefully it keeps trending colder. It’s already doomed to be a dogshit day Tuesday. Might as well get some snow out of it. 

My guess is it ends up as mostly a frigid rain though. 

Repeat what happened a year ago tomorrow?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m kidding. Tough for me to see anything interesting outside of Mitch land, but maybe Dave can have some fun if this doesn’t track into CT. 

Even 3 weeks earlier this would be a nice setup I’m betting. Baroclinicity would be a lot stronger and hence the CAD. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Bigger hit here. Stat padder. 

Are you heading back north for this one?  Or monitoring floating in the pool in MD?

Tell the wife there's a heating problem, need to go check on it :lol:.

Mitch at over 2,000ft in SVT gets crushed on that run.  Remove all the snowfall below like 1500ft on this map and go from there.

gfs-deterministic-vt-snow_48hr-0488400.thumb.png.6c91a53e76fbb61025f6fbd605eea899.png

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Are you heading back north for this one?  Or monitoring floating in the pool in MD?

Tell the wife there's a heating problem, need to go check on it :lol:.

Mitch at over 2,000ft in SVT gets crushed on that run.  Remove all the snowfall below like 1500ft on this map and go from there.

gfs-deterministic-vt-snow_48hr-0488400.thumb.png.6c91a53e76fbb61025f6fbd605eea899.png

Speaking metaphorically. I will be poolside for this one. Back up once spring actually starts at the end of May.

27 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Speaking metaphorically. I will be poolside for this one. Back up once spring actually starts at the end of May.

I think 1500ft has potential for some white, but 2000-2500ft or higher looks like the elevation based on 925mb temps in the means.  The seasonal tenor probably leads the way… pasty snow at the picnic tables, sloppy white in the lower/mid slopes, rain in the valleys.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I think 1500ft has potential for some white, but 2000-2500ft or higher looks like the elevation based on 925mb temps in the means.  The seasonal tenor probably leads the way… pasty snow at the picnic tables, sloppy white in the lower/mid slopes, rain in the valleys.  

Blue bomb on the 18Z Euro for Norh County and Berks. Visibility under .1 temps 33 34. Birch benders with NNE winds. Gonna be a beast with those rates if Euro is correct. 

index (3).png

index (4).png

• Like 1