Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Green up has really accelerated here this week.

Not here oddly, a few crocuses and early bulbs poking up but it’s still pretty brown all around.  Forsythia are just starting to get going.  I thought for sure the warmer temperatures would’ve triggered things a little bit more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Not here oddly, a few crocuses and early bulbs poking up but it’s still pretty brown all around.  Forsythia are just starting to get going.  I thought for sure the warmer temperatures would’ve triggered things a little bit more.

We don't have any Norway maples in this neighborhood, so my area always looks like a nuclear crater until at least the 3rd week of April, and often later. We have forsythia budding out and some of those thorny bushes starting to green, but basically no trees.

• Like 1

A few forsythia blossoms near the heat-retaining low stone wall.  I think they've misread the calendar, as there's no signs of colts foot, trout lilies and other such early risers.  Firt time I can recall when the forsythia blossoms were the very first color of spring.  Near 60 and cloudy, but the dry air is eating up the precip long before it gets here.

It’s not so much a back door as it is a warm front sagging. There’s a subtle distinction….

Back doors are not connected necessarily to a synoptic wave. Warm fronts sagging backward are, and the weather type/correction associated with either can be different. Or similar. 

The modeled WF sagging doesn’t look like it’s bringing the BD cold whiplashing - save perhaps the coast.  

Friday looks really nice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Tree species definitely matters. Other parts of south shore look like Chernobyl. I also don't radiate so I am a bit of a local anomaly. I don't retain snow well, but I won't complain about a quicker green up. I can't stand the barren look in between seasons. 

Before or after Russian troops decided to dig trenches in the radioactive ground? 

• Haha 1