• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

mm... I'm probably grumpy to begin with but today is kinda bagged to me.   It was too belated with rhea ...  I mean not to be ingrate, it's nice that it's sunnier now but it's like a parole hearing where we have to listen to the asshole tell us why he's really not such a bad guy and we should forgive him...  I guess

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You were always bad at math. Suns out guns out 1230 sunset 730. Absolutely stunning day. More sun hours than cloud hours. Facts. You were bent on being miserable since you woke up.

After 4 most are getting ready to end the day. The important part of the day is morning into mid aftn. Ruined. Now we await your snow event. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Euro's been throwing shit at the wall in that time range for a week's worth of runs... Seems to be having trouble with what to do with pattern on the far side of this modest -PNA....   How much it will reverse modes, and if so...what to do with features in the flow. 

This sort of transition is a problem for the Euro ...which likes to seed the flow with too much 'defaulting' amplitude when crossing outside of 5 days lead.  

Short version, bullshit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

I looked at the 10 day forecast and yikes. 20s or 30s for highs every single day with lows in the teens.  No thanks.

Also the sun is coming out here now, some blue sky as well. So I’m thinking we salvage the second half of the day quite nicely at least in western areas.

That's like a mid winter blizzard in Jan for us. Sounds awesome. I'd trade that for what's going on here in a second. 24-36" with 55mph winds is pretty rare for them. It's the anniversary of their apr 4-7 1997 blizzard and that one only dropped a widespread 15-20...so this one should be pretty historic. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

After 4 most are getting ready to end the day. The important part of the day is morning into mid aftn. Ruined. Now we await your snow event. 

Wait what?  4pm?

This is prime time outside right now.  About to head out for an hour or more with the dog.  Some other friends are just starting to hike a ski run.  Light till 7:30pm.

63/25 and sunny.

• Like 1