• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

Tomorrow and Tuesday are likely to be dandy days.   Light offshore oriented flow, combining d-slope with April sun would salvage the mid 40s for that matter, but here? - we're talking 55 to 60 anyway.   MET MOS is 55-ish at KFIT/KASH/KBED for tomorrow and at least that high to 59 for Tuesday. 

It'll feel warmer than it is with that searing higher sun's zenith just dumping radiation into the environment with shimmering vantages and wafting micro-parcels of super adiabatic warmth.    Basically, nape soothing on 'roids.  It sucks not getting that weather today, but knowing of April's climate prison, we take whatever paroles we are offered and go with it. 

Still liking/eying the mid month for warm anomaly.   How much so cannot be ascertained at this range.. but, personally I suspect the 'correction vector' is pointed toward warmer than the operational runs.   Significant cratering of the PNA index mean that is coherently visible in the synoptic/spatial layout of both the EPS and GFS ... usually with that kind of weightiness the operational runs will shed noise as the time gets closer and thus allows the signal to finally punch through in the deterministic solutions.  It's 10 days ... maybe transition starts around D 8... It's kind of like the trying the pull a winter storm out of the modeling ether, only here... we're trying to find heat domes - the most fragile of them all.  This signal has been persistent, fwiw -

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I caught a show on that tour.  I think it was Ritchie Blackmore’s last.

No. Blackmore played with DP on the Slaves and Masters tour. I think it was spring of 1991.  My friend's dad was the tour manager for Winger during that tour (Winger opened), and I remember Reb Beach, the guitarist for Winger having a meltdown after their set because of all of the "Blackmore is God" banners that people were holding up.  The Worcester police even had to calm him down because he was in the sidewalk shouting and causing a scene next to the tour bus.  Funny sh.it.  ...Soon after that date there were issues with the tour...lack of ticket sales and other internal stuff with Deep Purple, all happening as the rise of grunge was taking place.  I am not sure if they finished it, or had to postpone dates.  

Me and Kipp Winger backstage at the Centrum, just prior to the guitarist meltdown.  Yeah, that is an awesome bleached out denim jacket I'm sporting there.  

IMG_20160121_114246.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

No. Blackmore played with DP on the Slaves and Masters tour. I think it was spring of 1991.  My friend's dad was the tour manager for Winger during that tour (Winger opened), and I remember Reb Beach, the guitarist for Winger having a meltdown after their set because of all of the "Blackmore is God" banners that people were holding up.  The Worcester police even had to calm him down because he was in the sidewalk shouting and causing a scene next to the tour bus.  Funny sh.it.  ...Soon after that date there were issues with the tour...lack of ticket sales and other internal stuff with Deep Purple, all happening as the rise of grunge was taking place.  I am not sure if they finished it, or had to postpone dates.  

Me and Kipp Winger backstage at the Centrum, just prior to the guitarist meltdown.  Yeah, that is an awesome bleached out denim jacket I'm sporting there.  

IMG_20160121_114246.jpg

And hair!  You have hair!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Wachusett Mountain this morning  taken from Sterling.

6FA41588-E7D9-43AD-8172-45D1F5E4EC1C.thumb.jpeg.6e0140c0dd14b46088599e77678dc656.jpeg

Looks like the accumulating snow level was about 1500-1600 feet. The very top of "little wachusett" in the foreground looks slightly whitened and I think thats about 1500 feet at the top of that one.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

IMG_20160121_114246.jpg

-QE6zW.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1