• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

Yeah the operational model versions have all trended - GGEM a little lagging ... - toward the erstwhile  numerical teleconnections. I posted my annoyance over the fact that they previously were not. ...  

I suspect the undulant trough trying to exit the EC is still too deep, though.  It's a minor aspect to the total manifold, which is a pretty starkly contrasting warm pattern - I real seasonal 'stage' in the climb out.  It seems there really is nothing after mid month to suggest we get another frost/freeze supporting air mass.  

That doesn't mean we won't piss shit the dailies with cut-off through mid May ... but in so far as 'annoying cold,' it would appear that after this week's nastiness ... everywhere east of the Rockies and S of ~ 50 or even 60 N has 550+ hydrostatic heights and bottom latitude +PP ... which means west wind.

We warm -  ...agree with Scott ... 12th but again, if the models are holding on to the trough too long over next weekend, we may blur the transition in sun made days.

If the pattern successfully flips warm between the 10th and 13ths and lasts indeterminately in mild to warm form, from mid month and beyond, it will NOT be because "April is fine" 

I mean, how much f'n abuse does a person have to keep taking over the span of life before they stop pretending bullshit.  

It will be because it is an anomaly relative to the obvious, inarguable truth about the climatology of April in New England.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

April is fine . Wait till the furnace starts around the 12th. Folks will be singing it’s praises 

Looking for another 1976 or 2002? 
In Maine, "furnace" and "April" don't work together unless there would be a 1982-like cold snap to make the machine run like it's January.  There's been a handful of ~90 one-day spikes but nothing like the heat waves of those Aprils noted in the query.  BDL topped out at 96 in 4/1976 and 95 in 4/2002.

1 hour ago, Sn0waddict said:

Sneaky nice day here. 55F and sunny. Not much in the way of wind either. 

It was windy up here this morning with clouds and a few flurries, but once it cleared out the wind diminished. Only 47° but I got a bit of a burn on my face doing stuff outside.

• Like 1

41/12 right now and bluebird all day.  Can tell it’s dry with dews of 12F because 1.8” of snow in town survived in the shade despite highs near mid-40s.

Temp is going to plummet though with this real dry air mass once the sun sets.

But it was absolutely gorgeous on the mountain with fresh snow.