Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Probably The 13th Lawn Thread 2022

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just did entire lawn spring clean up today. 4 hours with leaf blower, and then cleaned out beds. I’ve never seen so many sticks and branches down . What a disaster from the ice storm. Nice to have it done 

RK1NAF5.jpg

I have more than sticks, I have small trees and large branches. What do you have for a leaf blower? Mine died last weekend, my brother has one with the power of a jet engine, may borrow his or buy one myself.

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I have more than sticks, I have small trees and large branches. What do you have for a leaf blower? Mine died last weekend, my brother has one with the power of a jet engine, may borrow his or buy one myself.

You have to pick up the bigger ones. I tend to do it all winter to try and keep up . The icestorm though took down so much stuff that I just could not keep up. You really need a strong HP backpack blower , I have a Stihl . The ones on wheels don’t get into the grass to move the little sticks etc 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You have to pick up the bigger ones. I tend to do it all winter to try and keep up . The icestorm though took down so much stuff that I just could not keep up. You really need a strong HP backpack blower , I have a Stihl . The ones on wheels don’t get into the grass to move the little sticks etc 

I have both, not crazy about the BP blower, maybe it's undersized, like to have an electric or battery powered too if they have good ones now. I agree, the one's on wheel suck, gonna put it on craigslist this week see if I can get some money back.

Nice, Kev. I don’t know what it’s usually like here but I have a bunch of sticks and branches down, including a widow maker that’s still spiked into the ground. 

I have a lot to do. First spring at the house and I really want to get a flower bed in, replace a small tree, and get some shrubs in. Not to mention reseeding the right of way and getting a real mower to handle the backyard.

Really wish I could redo the exterior of the house but new windows take me out of that market. I’ve done (and spent) a lot in 7 months. Love it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

When do you put it down Kevin? I have a lot of bare spots that need to be taken care of.

You’re better off doing it in September because seeding in spring invites weeds into the soil . It’ll grow but it may not survive thru the hot summer months If the soil isn’t good, you should get some good screened soil or loam and spread it and rake it in prior to seeding and you’ll want to use starter fertilizer. 

• Like 2

Have someone coming out for a quote on irrigation in a few weeks.

my lot is a hair under quarter acre, so minus the house, driveway, etc etc, I’m hoping it’s not a crazy amount.

Ive been researching doing it myself this morning but it just seems like it isn’t worth it for what you’d actual save, plus there would be no warranty at all

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Have someone coming out for a quote on irrigation in a few weeks.

my lot is a hair under quarter acre, so minus the house, driveway, etc etc, I’m hoping it’s not a crazy amount.

Ive been researching doing it myself this morning but it just seems like it isn’t worth it for what you’d actual save, plus there would be no warranty at all

I definately don't recommend DIY. it's a ton of work.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, no shot. It isn’t worth it. I spread like 60 yards of loam by hand when we moved in, I’m done breaking my back. The cost savings really doesn’t justify it 

not to mention you would still need to hire a plumber to install backflow prevention

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...