Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Probably The 13th Lawn Thread 2022

Damage In Tolland

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I've just focused on the plants. Let the lawn go. Hydrangeas were great this year!

I was watering my plants a ton in June. I don't ever water my grass, too much time and effort and well is too shallow anyway.

July and Aug have been pretty decent precip wise, so kept green for the most part the past couple months.  

20220818_153859_compress72.thumb.jpg.e8c9eb9463872f4e8233cfe022a204b6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I told him to just watch soil temps for gemination.

Right, just took a look. Still looks warm with current soil temp at 80F in the tropics down there.  

Looking at the historical graph, the averages soil temp drops quickly in September based on 5 and 10 year data.  He could probably wait, but still think he could drop soon.  But you guys have more time down there for sure.  Soil temp was 59F last year on Halloween.

https://www.greencastonline.com/tools/soil-temperature

23 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Right, just took a look. Still looks warm with current soil temp at 80F in the tropics down there.  

Looking at the historical graph, the averages soil temp drops quickly in September based on 5 and 10 year data.  He could probably wait, but still think he could drop soon.  But you guys have more time down there for sure.  Soil temp was 59F last year on Halloween.

https://www.greencastonline.com/tools/soil-temperature

Yeah, I said to get all the prep work done 1st.  Kill all the existing weeds and make sure you core aerate/dethatch the hell out of lawn.  That may take a weekend alone.  Mid September will be fine to drop seed.

Also, does anyone want to venture to guess why some of my new blue spruce trees look ever so “faded” on the bottom. They aren’t brown, but the needles don’t look 100% healthy.

Could it just be that they were newly transplanted this year and it’s been hot and dry? (I’ve been watering them appropriate amounts)

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Also, does anyone want to venture to guess why some of my new blue spruce trees look ever so “faded” on the bottom. They aren’t brown, but the needles don’t look 100% healthy.

Could it just be that they were newly transplanted this year and it’s been hot and dry? (I’ve been watering them appropriate amounts)

pics?