• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Probably The 13th Lawn Thread 2022

Damage In Tolland

Crazy early spring underway here. Forsythia blooming and daffodils and other bulbs are coming up.  Seems about 2-3 weeks early. Haven't been below freezing in almost 2 weeks and HVN is +5.2 MTD.

First cut happening today and I have a ton of weeds to pull under my deck. 

Screenshot_20220321-062109_Ring.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Crazy early spring underway here. Forsythia blooming and daffodils and other bulbs are coming up.  Seems about 2-3 weeks early. Haven't been below freezing in almost 2 weeks and HVN is +5.2 MTD.

Wow.. lawn looks great . That’s crazy early . As I recall, wasn’t that green into December?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

holy shit, that pic is from right now? i am probably 6-8 weeks from that.

46 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

holy shit, that pic is from right now? i am probably 6-8 weeks from that.

It was a live view from this morning from my ring camera. 

I had the patio put in last fall and that darker grass is kbg sod I installed last year. Its still a little dormant. 

I live a few hundred feet from the shoreline and we were recently reclassified to climate zone 4. I had some cold hearty herbs on the deck that grew almost all winter. 

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

It's amazing how much the lawn has greened up here in the last week.   First cut is usually mid April but at this rate it will be earlier.

Your probably a bit warmer there in SW CT. You have tons of stuff growing and blooming as well? The daffodils are going to be flowering in another week or so here.  Skunk cabbage came up about 2 weeks ago which is insanely early.

15 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Your probably a bit warmer there in SW CT. You have tons of stuff growing and blooming as well? The daffodils are going to be flowering in another week or so here.  Skunk cabbage came up about 2 weeks ago which is insanely early.

Daffodils in warm areas began to bloom yesterday.  Crocuses out too.   Skunk cabbage out here too.   

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Good morning Brian. A lovely photo including the companion in the upper left who must enjoy it a great deal. Here in the heated inner city the color of spring has been showing itself from belore mid month. The last photo is a memorial to a little companion of my own, left in my care by my lost love. He waited about a year or so and decided to join her. As for grass in my downtown area, there are small in front gate patches. These patches come in handy to show the small (nature walk) tethered pre schoolers what it looks like in the natural. The larger parks also offer some relief in that context. For many of the wonderful photos posted in the sub forums, I close my eyes and imagine taking a deep breath of that locations pristine air. Thank you again, as always …..

5B19EBB4-F044-42A9-882A-AFB646BAF4F9.jpeg

9AD0D0CA-41D5-4DC0-B5EF-89919C5380EC.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning Brian. A lovely photo including the companion in the upper left who must enjoy it a great deal. Here in the heated inner city the color of spring has been showing itself from belore mid month. The last photo is a memorial to a little companion of my own, left in my care by my lost love. He waited about a year or so and decided to join her. As for grass in my downtown area, there are small in front gate patches. These patches come in handy to show the small (nature walk) tethered pre schoolers what it looks like in the natural. The larger parks also offer some relief in that context. For many of the wonderful photos posted in the sub forums, I close my eyes and imagine taking a deep breath of that locations pristine air. Thank you again, as always …..

5B19EBB4-F044-42A9-882A-AFB646BAF4F9.jpeg

9AD0D0CA-41D5-4DC0-B5EF-89919C5380EC.jpeg

Nice memorial you did for your companion.  That is our rescue pup from Georgia Woody. We got him when he was 5 months old and he will be 2 years old in June. He's a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix and absolutely loves laying in the sun.

Screenshot-20220321-101833-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220321-102126-Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Nice memorial you did for your companion.  That is our rescue pup from Georgia Woody. We got him when he was 5 months old and he will be 2 years old in June. He's a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix and absolutely loves laying in the sun.

Screenshot-20220321-101833-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20220321-102126-Gallery.jpg

What a fine fellow. Your family, without a doubt, will continue to be blessed. As always ….

12 hours ago, BrianW said:

that is fascinating

11 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

that is fascinating

Its all about the soil temperatures which are currently like +15 over the 10 year average and +10 over the 5 year average. The last real sustained cold here was back in late February. 

Screenshot_20220321-165249_Chrome.jpg

soilTemp (4).png

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Its all about the soil temperatures which are currently like +15 over the 10 year average and +10 over the 5 year average. The last real sustained cold here was back in late February. 

Screenshot_20220321-165249_Chrome.jpg

soilTemp (4).png

My 4” and 8”’ sensors were flatlined at 32° until yesterday. 
image.jpeg