Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

23 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I bought one of those too.  Two new cars this year.  I reserved a hybrid Maverick when they first announced it since our  truck was 13 years old.  Took delivery in January.  Love the truck and my Mustang Mache.  You are exactly right, the hybrid only is FWD but the MME is all wheel drive.  So I guess between gas and electric prices we have insulated myself pretty good.  I hope so, as the pocketbook is pretty empty right now.  Between the two vehicles we will figure NNE winters out.  I made this You Tube video just after I drove it off the lot. for my nephew who loves cars.  

I was going to reserve one last year but decided to keep my current vehicle at least another year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

My interest would be in the Maverick pickup, the  hybrid model, though only from afar as long as my 2011 Ranger is still alive.

Heh…I was checking out the all electric F-150 lighting this past spring, but I’m running my 2010 Ranger into the ground first. That’ll give them some time to work out the kinks in future models too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heh…I was checking out the all electric F-150 lighting this past spring, but I’m running my 2010 Ranger into the ground first. That’ll give them some time to work out the kinks in future models too.

Plus the wait list must be several months at least

Edit.  They closed out reservations at 3 years.  Lol

16 hours ago, mreaves said:

I like the idea of the Maverick too but the problem is that the hybrid only comes in FWD, not AWD.   I don’t was a 2 wheel drive truck, ever. 

I've been driving 2WD (rear) Rangers/Mazda since 1994 and haven't gotten stuck anywhere but our driveway and once when I tried driving down our road with 6" of SN/IP - lots of shoveling, and of course the plow truck arrived as I digging.

1 minute ago, BrianW said:

@tamarack

I bet this brings back some memories.  

It's an older picture from April but I'm up in NNJ at our lake cabin and the station was in a NJ town you have mentioned before. Take a guess on the location.

Screenshot-20220619-065429-Gallery.jpg

Haven't seen the brontosaurus in decades.  I've mentioned lots of NNJ towns, I'll guess it's Butler or Kinnelon - used to be a Sinclair near the town line. 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Only missed by 25 miles.  Have not been there in about 60 years, once my maternal grandparents sold their summer place there.  

My wife is from Maplewood and has a lot of family in the Parissappny area. Our lake cabin is in Denville which is another town I have heard you mention before. If I recall correctly thats where your from?

20220618-075217.jpg

What do people take to deal w the fatigue/ mental cloudiness from allergies . I’ve never noticed then before and unless I’m just so bored in my job and life This year that I can barely open my eyes ...I don’t know what else it would be 

I’m thinking it may be more grass allergies and the constant symptom is just heaviness feeling in eye lids/ that just leads to fatigue . I’m sleeping plenty and eating well. I’m not over-worked or stressed. Any legit remedies 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What do people take to deal w the fatigue/ mental cloudiness from allergies . I’ve never noticed then before and unless I’m just so bored in my job and life This year that I can barely open my eyes ...I don’t know what else it would be 

I’m thinking it may be more grass allergies and the constant symptom is just heaviness feeling in eye lids/ that just leads to fatigue . I’m sleeping plenty and eating well. I’m not over-worked or stressed. Any legit remedies 

Welcome to :oldman:

Soon you’ll be dumped by your MILFs for a more energetic lad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seriously though. If this is becoming permanent it may be something more…

I had a change in my body a handful of years ago where I had constant itchy eyes, nasal drip, sneezing, and sinus infections. I went like this for a couple years and then one day I quit all dairy (even foods with trace amounts) and it all cleared up within a week.

The other thing is coffee. I went from thriving on it, to having my heart beat out of my body with it, to not having it help me at all. In fact I get deathly tired in the afternoon if I have some in the morning. To the point where I struggle to drive home after work without falling asleep at the wheel.

Maybe none of this applies to you, but I figured I’d throw it out there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Seriously though. If this is becoming permanent it may be something more…

I had a change in my body a handful of years ago where I had constant itchy eyes, nasal drip, sneezing, and sinus infections. I went like this for a couple years and then one day I quit all dairy (even foods with trace amounts) and it all cleared up within a week.

The other thing is coffee. I went from thriving on it, to having my heart beat out of my body with it, to not having it help me at all. In fact I get deathly tired in the afternoon if I have some in the morning. To the point where I struggle to drive home after work without falling asleep at the wheel.

Maybe none of this applies to you, but I figured I’d throw it out there.

Thanks for the input . 

I don’t do dairy , haven’t for a long time and I am hit and miss with caffeine. Sometimes more centered around my workouts or even my work shifts when I have to a appear lively.

I was reading ginger root was a effective anti-histamine and I have no problem just grabbing that and taking a bite if that would help. It’s just odd to me that my eyes have such a heavy feeling and it leads me to just be less productive since I would say May but The Symptoms really peaked first week in June .

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Same with me. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve talked to in the past few years who say they’ve never had allergies and now do. 
but yeah, I get the weird tired unfocused feeling and just want to sleep. Comes and goes I’ll have it for a day or two gets better and then comes back with the next wave of allergens.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Thanks for the input . 

I don’t do dairy , haven’t for a long time and I am hit and miss with caffeine. Sometimes more centered around my workouts or even my work shifts when I have to a appear lively.

I was reading ginger root was a effective anti-histamine and I have no problem just grabbing that and taking a bite if that would help. It’s just odd to me that my eyes have such a heavy feeling and it leads me to just be less productive

Yogi brand “immune support” tea with fresh local honey. 
Also a nettle tea or extract.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Same with me. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve talked to in the past few years who say they’ve never had allergies and now do. 
but yeah, I get the weird tired unfocused feeling and just want to sleep. Comes and goes I’ll have it for a day or two gets better and then comes back with the next wave of allergens.

The earth may be trying to get rid of us. 

13 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

@powderfreak

My wife and I are looking to stay for a few nights up in Stowe around mid December. Any recommendations for lodging in that general area that isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg?

There is really only 1 place to stay in Stowe that will check all the boxes. Spruce peak. One or two maybe more expensive but nothing really comes close . You just can’t beat that spot . Trust me. A crap hotel will be 60-65% price of Spruce peak and you won’t want to spend anytime in it besides sleeping . You won’t want to leave the village at Spruce peak and the views are unbeatable . 

For about 15% less I’ve stayed at Top Notch and Von Trapp. They are crap compared to Spruce peak . Von Trap outdated . Top Notch -no real views and it’s really hard to put in words just how much Spruce is better .