Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

57 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It actually looks like a below normal for couple of weeks of June is in route -

Tanked AO typically doesn't matter so much by this point in the calendar year, but it is in this case it's markers are actually reaching down into the mid latitudes ...driving NAO bocking nodes ... Seems to overwhelm the -PNA.   The models have just sort of given up on the Pacific and just given carte blanch to the idea of blocking demolishing warmth/suppressing below the 40th parallel.   And the extended hemisphere doesn't appear to change that until the 10th of the month.

If I saw these in January I'd be looking for a systemic correction event ...  Obviously telecons don't correlate the same way in summer,. no. But, the ens ,means and oper versions, et al, are reflecting the exertion nonetheless. 

It's funny, ... a week ago we were panicking over a Mem Day butt bang, followed by a heat wave next week...  Interesting how matters have morphed so precisely opposite. 

That BD looks like a 40 mph gusting trees swaying whip lash cold insert Tuesday.   It may be 76 at 9 am, and 53 at 9 pm across eastern NE.  And then the ridge decays and mooshes the heat south there after.  The westerlies dip beneath ORD-BOS line and that's the ball game. 

Looks like a couple days of 75-80 interior SNE after the early week heatwave and by late next weekend reheat . Any beach areas late week 65-70

8 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

If one typed the actual solution to the real problem then said person would like receive a visit from big brother.

Yea, that’s obviously the clear cut solution that instantaneously makes the largest gains for public safety but we’ll get tickled with multiple George 60-90” blizzards before that ever happens.  

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, that’s obviously the clear cut solution that instantaneously makes the largest gains for public safety but we’ll get tickled with multiple George 60-90” blizzards before that ever happens.  

Is that clear cut solution repeal of 2A and total elimination of gun ownership by private citizens, or something else?  

Anyone saying this signals the decay of America isn’t paying attention, this IS America.

Where else can you devote 40% of your municipal budget to have a bunch of LARP-ing power hungry morons with unresolved daddy issues in their costumes with their big military surplus shooty shooty bang bangs harassing people over missed turn signals, that when the real shit goes down, run and hide, then handcuff and detain parents of victims only to turn out to be so dumb that they then lie about it to the national media??

Which leaves me with two questions: if cops would lie about this, in front of worldwide media scrutiny what do they lie about when no one’s watching? And- how would a police force that were made up of people that were actually loved by their dads function?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Supernovice said:

Anyone saying this signals the decay of America isn’t paying attention, this IS America.

Where else can you devote 40% of your municipal budget to have a bunch of LARP-ing power hungry morons with unresolved daddy issues in their costumes with their big military surplus shooty shooty bang bangs harassing people over missed turn signals, that when the real shit goes down, run and hide, then handcuff and detain parents of victims only to turn out to be so dumb that they then lie about it to the national media??

Which leaves me with two questions: if cops would lie about this, in front of worldwide media scrutiny what do they lie about when no one’s watching? And- how would a police force that were made up of people that were actually loved by their dads function?

Mmm ...  I think the entire scenario is transcending frustration, no doubt. As the civility begins the insurmountable task of processing the boundless scale in atrocities of that godless day,

...shock will surely first fade to anger.

And don't get us wrong, that anger is truly justified.  It's righteous indignation then elevated to a state apoplectic rage, proportional to the crime - only this?  Has not proportional anger. It even transcends that.  But, the human condition needs targets to 'structure.'  The structure alleviates. This is just the way people are.  One does not have to be a psychologist to know this - just having suffered the vicissitudes of U.S. woes over the last 30 years is sufficient to see things in this way. 

Enters ...the blame game. 

It is probably too early in this crisis to take away people's target - particularly when that target gives that structure, which is the only avenue available right now that immediately, though falsely, ameliorates the boundless sorrow and vexation ... etc.  

The blaming is still 'group transference,' though. And, as is usually the case... it will carry on in a irreconcilable row,  probably go to far ( prediction) - when the real target needs to be the societal norms and culture that enabled the happening in the first place.  

I know you didn't ask for any of this - I'm not intending to lecture or bloviate ...just op-ed here.     The police/emergency responders initially may have made the wrong decision in how to handle the situation.  But what was the right situation?  Anyone blaming them for not "rushing" the assailant, initially, should realize that the first step in a hostage crisis or negotiation is to not pull the trigger of the assailant.  Rushing doesn't end well.  This situation is being exposed, on going ...  What kind of weapon was the assailant using?  If it was a semi-automatic rifle muted by a silencer tech, through the brick and steel of the edifice?  Responders may not have known there was active discharges until it was too late.  Later on...that might "look like" they let it happen by masses of people caught up in the rage and seeking targets to resent ... 

There's a lot of generalizations being sewn out of fragments of truth that may not really fully yet stitch the whole reality.  I can imagine there are component threads that can be sewn to together to make them look like they sat by cowardly and "let" blood run to protect them selves -

If time proves that is the case, it is what it is.  But that strikes me as a bit over the top. In any given community or group, there's typically one or two of those self-preserving types that would fail that group of people - seldom do they ALL calculate like that.   We would be talking about an entire retinue of responders deliberately avoiding the central tenet, to protect and to serve, doing so along the entire marshal ranks of command no less.  

Heh... I'm going to let time surface more truth and clarity.  I don't mean to suggest the officers were not at fault - I'm just not ready to impugn the whole system of a social support over this just yet. That's a whole 'nother quasi anarchistic suggestion where people really don't want to go whether they realize that or not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

They waited outside while children bled out

You're going out of your way to spin/characterize them by using that turn of phrase -

Again... it may have 'look like' that was the case, but that may not have been their intent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

Heart attack kids!! It was a great series and can’t say enough about Jimmy Butler! I was Brown or Tatum had Jimmy Butlers Will to score. 

Celtics Defense is a big key to most of their victories and Robert Williams playing makes them Elite defensively

I want to see someone clothesline Draymond Green

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I hear China is lovely 

What does the state of China's cultural have to do with the fact that the U.S.'s is unacceptable and teetering with intolerability - and gunning down children certainly qualifies to anyone sane. 

Nothing - ..that's the answer.  Means nothing to say China is a shitty place, too.  0 logic

China can be China all it wants - has 0 bearing on our seeking a societal state that does not do what transpired last week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What does the state of China's cultural have to do with the fact that the U.S.'s is unacceptable and teetering with intolerability - and gunning down children certainly qualifies to anyone sane. 

Nothing - ..that's the answer.  Means nothing to say China is a shitty place, too.  0 logic

China can be China all it wants - has 0 bearing on our seeking a societal state that does not do what transpired last week. 

I often think the mere fact there are 7B plus ppl on the planet w Nukes and we haven’t blown each other up is a significant achievement. 

Mental health is at a likely generational low , people are getting bullied and then they get to go home to see it played on social media Bc someone video taped it and it tortured them . The media divided people 24/7 and pushes their emotional buttons of fear , panic , paranoia, hatred . 

Guns are not going away . They aren’t . That is a pipe dream. Background checks and many other checks to people purchasing guns should get enough momentum to actually finally be passed and I was actually kinda shocked they weren’t part of a basic buying laws . I just don’t know that will be enough . It should lessen the incidence but I know their is a significant black market accessible in many areas. I personally would be happier if there was a armed guard at every school as a deterrent and maybe The government would  spend that money domestically instead of or in addition to shipping 40 B out of the country . The ball was dropped in many ways that day , especially by the call made to have police stand down with 911 calls coming in from petrified students ... . 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 6:53 PM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I hear China is lovely 

This is legit the laziest and dumbest type of reply. Ya he’s a commie because he wants the cultural norm of killing kids in their classrooms to stop.

take a f-ing lap, christ. Laziest shit ever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Supernovice said:

This is legit the laziest and dumbest type of reply. Ya he’s a commie because he wants the cultural norm of killing kids in their classrooms to stop.

take a f-ing lap, christ. Laziest shit ever.

Hope you had a great Memorial Day and that your blood pressure goes down .

• Haha 3

On 5/30/2022 at 9:37 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I often think the mere fact there are 7B plus ppl on the planet w Nukes and we haven’t blown each other up is a significant achievement. 

Mental health is at a likely generational low , people are getting bullied and then they get to go home to see it played on social media Bc someone video taped it and it tortured them . The media divided people 24/7 and pushes their emotional buttons of fear , panic , paranoia, hatred . 

Guns are not going away . They aren’t . That is a pipe dream. Background checks and many other checks to people purchasing guns should get enough momentum to actually finally be passed and I was actually kinda shocked they weren’t part of a basic buying laws . I just don’t know that will be enough . It should lessen the incidence but I know their is a significant black market accessible in many areas. I personally would be happier if there was a armed guard at every school as a deterrent and maybe The government would  spend that money domestically instead of or in addition to shipping 40 B out of the country . The ball was dropped in many ways that day , especially by the call made to have police stand down with 911 calls coming in from petrified students ... . 

I don't disagree with much of this ...

My point is simply that we should strive to be better, as a people and society, then that which took place last week - that's all.  China can do what they do - so long as ( ha! ) they don't do it to us.  Which is probably inevitable, too. 

The mental illness thing is interesting though.  I was talking to a retired social worker, clinical psychiatrist that worked in the 1970s, in one of the last federally subsidized insane asylums in the 1970s.   Near the end of that decade, those subsidies were frozen and redirected.   The 1980s arrive and suddenly the sight of a person having a heated debate with telephone pole, while passer-by's turn heads trying figure 'em out, became a much more common. 

The change in attitude and abandoning programs, released these fringed unstable folks to the common walk. But most importantly ( according to his discussion -which makes intuitive sense) created a  failing framework for future generation support systems, to where levels of angst, to deranged types and the entire spectrum of abnormalities could not readily be guarded - not just to get treatment, they now get ignored!

Expose those types to the over stimulating histrionics of the Internet gaslighting manipulation machine, amid a culture that protects rights to gun ownership to the grave... Well, ends up sending masses of them to that destination. 

When those programs stopped in the 70s and 80s. ...those that left those offices knew this was coming.   It's just a lesser known perspective that mainstream media doesn't elaborate upon because there's no profit in news that exposes us to our ancient faults.