Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

17 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well the point is lets not wrap ourselves around a piece of paper written by a bunch of colonizers hundreds of years ago and say/think this is an unmovable “right” and thus it cannot be amended to calculate for present day life. 

Yes, people will always kill people but we can easily curb mass shootings and gun violence like so many other countries have. 

piece of paper:  The US Constitution.  It can be amended but shouldn't be dismissed.

bunch of colonizers:  You and me (unless one is an indigenous person or a descendant of slaves)

In 1986 Congress passed a law making it extremely difficult for citizens to acquire/own a fully automatic weapon.  It would make sense to enact a similar law to cover high-capacity clips and magazines, perhaps limiting the low-power rimfires to 10 rounds and centerfires to 7, that number chosen due to the millions of lever-action hunting rifles with tubular magazines holding 7.  Adding more comprehensive background checks can help, though a lot of the murderers had passed such checks. 

Going after 2A is tilting at windmills, as 2/3 majorities of both houses of congress is a high bar and gaining 38 state legislature approvals a much higher one - would only take 13 deep red states to block enactment.  One facet of 2A that's been a factor in high court decisions is the inclusion of the phrase, "the right of the people."  That phrase is found in only 3 of the 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights, 1st, 2nd and 4th, and if it functions for free speech and freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures, it has to do so for #2.  (despite what former Chief Justice Burger stated)

23 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Even that is debatable.

image.thumb.png.6a94c0ca6a79c58e56e9f8a20cdf6d6a.png

When I think about this ... "radicalism" leaps to mind ...

Example, it is really no different than 'radical Islamism'  - if people need the awareness aid. 

To corrupt and manipulate the context, thus, evade the purpose of any formal scripture - be it holy or not, in this case Islamism and the Quran interpretation - in order to justify acts of immorality or psychosis, versus, manipulating the context of the 2nd Amendment of the constitution, in order to supply justification of what the 2nd Amendment NEVER INTENDED TO REALLY PROTECT, what's the f'ing difference? 

Orders of degree in egregiousness doesn't make it more or less right or wrong.  Whether we corrupt the intents and purposes of the 2nd Amendment, to evade the immoral truth, people want to be able to SHOOT OTHER PEOPLE, or do so to topple the Towers of Babylon, 9/11, it's still corrupting the intents and purposes of scripture to supply some sort of pseudo frame-work, attempting to escape culpability. 

I just see a truism  nested in the motivation for the manipulation in this case... call a f'ing spade a spade, might help clarify matters and what's really at stake:  'I want to be able to shoot people.'  Otherwise, why own the gun.  At the end of the day, their is an incontrovertible chain of logic that put the onus on the gun owner, logic that can only controverted if said chain of reasoning is evaded by pointing to the 2nd Amendment "debacle" ( not debate) -  sort of like how Filibusters stone wall bill passing, but they are evading the moral red hand truth of it all.

The only way else around that is to just admit one carries no moral restraint when it comes to shooting people.  Just admit it.  Because then there is no need for all the tactical evasion, that's all it is at the core.  People want to retain the right to shoot people, without actually saying so... And are hiding behind the false dogma of the Constitutional scripture to protect a right they are completely falsely believing they have.  

Who would ever ratify the right to shoot someone - I mean, as a codified statute? ...c'mon.  It's all laughable really.  Our population has a selfish bias ... we don't think of things as a problem until the hurt us personally. This debacle has gone on long enough. 

Actually, that's probably actually humanity-scale thing LOL....

Shy of that exceptional awareness, it's all based on systemic delusion and lies ... turned over and tilled into generations, it is all but the mud in the bricks of institution.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Husband of one of the teachers who was slaughtered just died of a heart attack due to grief. 

Someone please explain how this shit is ok.  

It’s beyond comprehension nor should the majority need to construct anymore legitimate reasons for the do nothing congress to act. Call me skeptical though because I thought they’d act after Sandy Hook. And in Texas, it’s only gotten worse (looser gun laws).

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s beyond comprehension nor should the majority need to construct anymore legitimate reasons for the do nothing congress to act. Call me skeptical though because I thought they’d act after Sandy Hook. And in Texas, it’s only gotten worse (looser gun laws).

Members of Senate are blocking/filibustering legislation put forth by Democrats - 

...and that's unfortunate, that word "democrats"  

Because this is not something that should be politicized - obviously to anyone on the intelligent side of sanity.  But the "functioning psychosis" of what the system has become, is operatively guided by political boundaries; in obstructing passages based upon the origin/source of the legislation, rather than base upon the merits and virtue of what's contained in document, logically means they are preserving something else.  ;)

Steve Kerr is right - the motivation for doing that is ultimately not to piss off the constituencies that put these turkeys into power. ...The filibuster antics are thus to preserve their seats.  

They need to be forced to give a semi-automatic rifle a blow job before they realize what their priorities should be, because to choose their seats over massacre, is tantamount to sociopathy - the sarcasm to suggest they will only be forced to change when it effects themselves, because that's how sociopaths operate.

We're likely to witness the dissolution of the U.S. - or perhaps descent into civil duress or war, before guns would ever be gathered up and outright made illegal to commoners.   However, the next better recourse would be to ratify universal background  - within which criteria can be and would be fashioned to make it compulsory, mental states among other gems about an individual, designed to ferret out a person's true motivation, intent and purposes for seeking to own a guy. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Members of Senate are blocking/filibustering legislation put forth by Democrats - 

...and that's unfortunate, that word "democrats"  

Because this is not something that should be politicized - obviously to anyone on the intelligent side of sanity.  But the "functioning psychosis" of the system is operating, loosing guided by political boundaries, and in obstructing passages based upon the origin/source of the legislation, rather than base upon the merits and virtue of what's contained in document, logically means they are preserving something else.  ;)

Steve Kerr is right - the motivation for doing that is ultimately not to piss off the constituencies that put these turkeys into power. ...The filibuster antics are to thus to preserve their seats.  

They need to be forced to give a semi-automatic rifle a blow job before they realize what their priorities should be, because to choose their seats over massacre, is tantamount to sociopathy - the sarcasm to suggest they will only be forced to change when it effects themselves, because that's how sociopaths operate.

We're likely to witness the dissolution of the U.S. - or perhaps descent into civil duress or war, before guns would ever be gathered up and outright made illegal to commoners.   However, the next better recourse would be to ratify universal background  - within which criteria can be and would be fashioned to make it compulsory, mental screening among other gems, ferreted out about a persons intents and purposes for seeking to own a guy.  ...etc..etc..

It's not the Congress.

It’s hard not to politicize this when only the politicians can do something about it…and there’s a certain segment of them to which their souls are owned by the gun lobbyists so they deflect to hardening schools to arming teachers to suggesting a one door only point of entry. Anything else but stricter gun laws. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not necessarily friend. First hand reports from parents have been adamant that armed officials stood outside while the terrorist was inside shooting, while they awaited the swat team. He was in there for a very long time. Too long. 

There certainly seems to be a lot of conflicting stories from multiple parties including school and police officials.  Also lots of unanswered questions along the timeline. 

11 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not necessarily friend. First hand reports from parents have been adamant that armed officials stood outside while the terrorist was inside shooting, while they awaited the swat team. He was in there for a very long time. Too long. 

Yup… just read a few news stories of parents going in themselves to grab their children while the cops just waited on the perimeter… sounds eerily similar to the Cheshire  invasion here in CT where the police surround the house while the murderers finished the job and burned the house down.

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There certainly seems to be a lot of conflicting stories from multiple parties including school and police officials.  Also lots of unanswered questions along the timeline. 

It doesn’t look good:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-police-lieutenant-says-cops-were-reluctant-to-engage-gunman-because-they-couldve-been-shot/

1 hour ago, Johnno said:

Yup… just read a few news stories of parents going in themselves to grab their children while the cops just waited on the perimeter… sounds eerily similar to the Cheshire  invasion here in CT where the police surround the house while the murderers finished the job and burned the house down.

Kids were getting slaughtered while cops waited for the tactical team. That’s fairly clear by now. The exact timeline is still being pieced together. Look, the blame first and foremost is easy access to guns and military weapons. The murderer waited for his 18th birthday to buy them. He’s not committing the rampage with knife. Someone would have knocked his teeth out. But, since our love for guns and lack of gun laws are a complete joke…the next best defense is our brave men and women who are supposed to protect and serve the people and the community that pay their salaries. Now the politicians there want to spin it that “it could have been worse” and “gun control has nothing to do with this.”

The entire tragedy is a failure on so many levels. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Kids were getting slaughtered while cops waited for the tactical team. That’s fairly clear by now. The exact timeline is still being pieced together. Look, the blame first and foremost is easy access to guns and military weapons. The murderer waited for his 18th birthday to buy them. He’s not committing the rampage with knife. Someone would have knocked his teeth out. But, since our love for guns and lack of gun laws are a complete joke…the next best defense is our brave men and women who are supposed to protect and serve the people and the community that pay their salaries. Now the politicians there want to spin it that “it could have been worse” and “gun control has nothing to do with this.”

The entire tragedy is a failure on so many levels. 

They apparently went in and helped evacuate teachers and kids. But did not engage the gunmen for whatever reason. 
My guess is that the rampage was done by the time they came in (5 min after he went into the school) but yeah why not engage him immediately. Sounds like lack of training. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

They apparently went in and helped evacuate teachers and kids. But did not engage the gunmen for whatever reason. 
My guess is that the rampage was done by the time they came in (5 min after he went into the school) but yeah why not engage him immediately. Sounds like lack of training. 

I’m done, so sick of our lack of action. Little girls rubbing their dead friends blood on themselves to play dead…the bravery with survival tactics for a fuking child!!!! 

Why is this OK????!!!!????!!!!

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m done, so sick of our lack of action. Little girls rubbing their dead friends blood on themselves to play dead…the bravery with survival tactics for a fuking child!!!! 

Why is this OK????!!!!????!!!!

It's not OK. None of this is.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not OK. None of this is.

I was not implying you said it was. Sorry, I’m just venting. It’s frustrating. We’ve made our voice heard with our local and state officials while donating but besides taking work off and marching in front of the NRA and Congress, I don’t know what else can be done. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Boston is just as bad as NYC in regards to parking and traffic.

Horrendous trying to find a spot here on the street. I'm trying to go to the marketplace.

Park at the Haymarket garage and then get validated parking. A 7/11 receipt works. I think it ends up being $2 to park for the day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I was not implying you said it was. Sorry, I’m just venting. It’s frustrating. We’ve made our voice heard with our local and state officials while donating but besides taking work off and marching in front of the NRA and Congress, I don’t know what else can be done. 

If one typed the actual solution to the real problem then said person would like receive a visit from big brother.

• Like 1

It actually looks like a below normal for couple of weeks of June is in route -

Tanked AO typically doesn't matter so much by this point in the calendar year, but it is in this case it's markers are actually reaching down into the mid latitudes ...driving NAO bocking nodes ... Seems to overwhelm the -PNA.   The models have just sort of given up on the Pacific and just given carte blanch to the idea of blocking demolishing warmth/suppressing below the 40th parallel.   And the extended hemisphere doesn't appear to change that until the 10th of the month.

If I saw these in January I'd be looking for a systemic correction event ...  Obviously telecons don't correlate the same way in summer,. no. But, the ens ,means and oper versions, et al, are reflecting the exertion nonetheless. 

It's funny, ... a week ago we were panicking over a Mem Day butt bang, followed by a heat wave next week...  Interesting how matters have morphed so precisely opposite. 

That BD looks like a 40 mph gusting trees swaying whip lash cold insert Tuesday.   It may be 76 at 9 am, and 53 at 9 pm across eastern NE.  And then the ridge decays and mooshes the heat south there after.  The westerlies dip beneath ORD-BOS line and that's the ball game. 

• Like 1