• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

We have a big skylight over our bed and saw starlink satellites go over at about 3:45 am. Had no idea what it was. We went outside and watched. The lights stretched for miles and the whole thing lasted 5 minutes maybe. Didn't know if it was something military or otherwordly. The images that I found on the internet don't come close to representing how unbelievable it looks in real life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Crypto dead

It’s getting a big beat down . It usually falls 3-4x the amount stocks do and vice versa but the last couple days there is a more dangerous thing occurring . Confidence is being lost so many are starting to sell off anything crypto including many stable coins. I moved almost all my crypto profits to stable coins than to USD and I took literal cash about 4-6 weeks ago and I was not gonna speculate in any alt coins when the fed was tightening money supply Bc the drop was coming . Crypto “investors” are not the most astute finance , and sadly many lost a real lot of money , there will be divorces , some will probably take their lives , this is being talked about where a top 10 coin Went from 100$ to 6 cents in The last week. And Black rock and Citadel tricked the crypto coins creator to take a loan and gave them something that kept part of the project pegged to 1$, when they levered up and sold they unpegged the stable coin and its sister coin lost 99.9%

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The main crypto players will recover at some point - but maybe it takes out a bunch of the shit coins. 

In 1-2 years, BTC/ETH/ADA will reach new highs again. 

Certainly possible but also remember there are thousands and thousands of new crypto projects each year that fight for new buying money . I know those are the big boys it really just depends on wether the federal reserve can reflate the bubble they are letting air out of (global stocks , bonds and crypto ) . If they can’t reflate as easily or if regulation becomes very unfriendly it could be hard in that timeframe. Also if tether has another hiccup (went to .95 on dollar at 2am) the whole complex destabilizes 

52 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Certainly possible but also remember there are thousands and thousands of new crypto projects each year that fight for new buying money . I know those are the big boys it really just depends on wether the federal reserve can reflate the bubble they are letting air out of (global stocks , bonds and crypto ) . If they can’t reflate as easily or if regulation becomes very unfriendly it could be hard in that timeframe. Also if tether has another hiccup (went to .95 on dollar at 2am) the whole complex destabilizes 

There's way too many crappy and scammy projects in the market. Hopefully this diverts capital into the bigger more relevant players, but who knows. BTC dominance has been rising but it's still only around 45%. It hit 55-60% in the last bear market. That would suggest alot more pain for alt coins. Like you said, until the FED dials it back and we get a more risk-on environment it doesn't look pretty. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Giant Ponzi scheme, crypto...stocks..all of it. Weenies gone wild with day trading.

The entire american economic infrastructure is a giant ponzi scheme. Everything from big pharma to big corps to big banks to government to the stock market. 

https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/our-economy-is-a-ponzi-scheme-8fc56b9e594f

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The best way to get rich quick is by going to DraftKings and placing $1,000 on some obscure insanely low probability. 

It’s also the best way to go broke instantaneously and start spiraling out of control by chasing losses. 

I’d advise to place like $5-$25 big parlays, 10 or so, in MLB instead. Keep it lunch money range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s also the best way to go broke instantaneously and start spiraling out of control by chasing losses. 

I’d advise to place like $5-$25 big parlays, 10 or so, in MLB instead. Keep it lunch money range.

Someone in Iowa placed $1,000 on the Reds to win the NL Central the other day :lol: 

Payout would be $750,000

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I was watching the Derby last wknd and jokingly said aloud, "100,000 on Rich Strike". Couldn't believe it when he won.

Didn't some kid actually pick him to win?

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Wasted $1k. Just flush it down the toilet instead. So many better bets to be had even at long odds. 

Agreed there. I don't do much betting on DraftKings but when I do I usually go for long-ish hit stuff. I always bet $60 though haha and look for payouts that are $500+ but I don't do this very often. But there are certainly plenty of bets you can do which are low cost high reward if you look hard/close. 

It lost 99.9% + 100$ to .01 now .02

Appears the story of citadel and black rock doing a short attack maybe a cover for the owner just “rugging “

There are rumors of up to 20 people ending their lives from that. @100$ 10,000 coins is 1Million $ at .01 cents That is now 100$ . Ya Crypto . Spread your money out and when the tide of liquidity goes out the rugs get pulled . 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:03 AM, tunafish said:

Have you had covid in the past?  I ask because w/r/t to these concerts, which were vax required, just about everyone who hadn't had it before, got it there, myself included.  Those who had a prior infection, specifically delta/omicron, did not get it there.

To my knowledge I haven’t ever had covid.   I’m teaching a course this summer and have to get pcr tested once a week.  So far neg.   Some people seem to never get it...but I’m not sure I’m that person.   I’ve been closely exposed often.   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It lost 99.9% + 100$ to .01 now .02

Appears the story of citadel and black rock doing a short attack maybe a cover for the owner just “rugging “

There are rumors of up to 20 people ending their lives from that. @100$ 10,000 coins is 1Million $ at .01 cents That is now 100$ . Ya Crypto . Spread your money out and when the tide of liquidity goes out the rugs get pulled . 

Well why would people even store their money in “stable coins”? Just store it as a cash asset in an account.