Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

11 hours ago, weathafella said:

So my convention center conference had mostly health professionals meaning probably >90% vaxed.   But honestly the person I met with traveled up to Boston unmasked and has been traveling around the country.  Non symptomatic.  I had to get my periodic PCR test this week for my other gig.  Negative.   Almost a week out and I’m hearing nothing and feeling fine.  Who knows?

Have you had covid in the past?  I ask because w/r/t to these concerts, which were vax required, just about everyone who hadn't had it before, got it there, myself included.  Those who had a prior infection, specifically delta/omicron, did not get it there.

Anyone familiar with real estate law want to answer a question for me?

So our property insurance and taxes are paid through escrow. I got a notice yesterday that our insurance premium for the year is due on may 15th and hasn’t been paid.

Mortgage company says they paid it, but insurance company never received it. So basically I’ve been on the phone all day getting the run around from both.

In the end, from what I can research, if this stuff is in escrow, the mortgage company is legally bound to make these payments and can face penalties if they don’t; is this correct? So essentially; they have to correct this; or could be held liable.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone familiar with real estate law want to answer a question for me?

So our property insurance and taxes are paid through escrow. I got a notice yesterday that our insurance premium for the year is due on may 15th and hasn’t been paid.

Mortgage company says they paid it, but insurance company never received it. So basically I’ve been on the phone all day getting the run around from both.

In the end, from what I can research, if this stuff is in escrow, the mortgage company is legally bound to make these payments and can face penalties if they don’t; is this correct? So essentially; they have to correct this; or could be held liable.

Call the attorney that did your closing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Meltodown in stocks and crypto , shocking that the fed Screams it’s walking away from Policies that supported the market for last 12 years and it rolls over . Crypto is just getting destroyed lately. Bonds downs 20% since Jan1 . BTC down 30% and Stocks down 25% since Jan 1.

I love that every market is down today, stocks, crypto, oil, gold/silver all while inflation is rampant but the petrodollar is marching strong.  The worlds greatest, fractional reserve, fiat currency, backed by nothing but faith... well, faith and central banks and a massive, powerful, military industrial complex.   ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious to see how long it takes the housing market to come back down to earth, if at all.  There is a chance that a lot of home equity could be wiped out fairly quickly, although I have no idea how real that chance is.  It seems everyone sold high and then turned around and bought high. It would be great to see a summary of all home sales between 4/1/20 and 4/1/22 and how those prices differed from the pre-pandemic valuation of those homes.  I bet the difference is pretty shocking. Maybe there is still enough housing demand waiting for a dip to keep things from really dropping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QCD17 said:

I'm curious to see how long it takes the housing market to come back down to earth, if at all.  There is a chance that a lot of home equity could be wiped out fairly quickly, although I have no idea how real that chance is.  It seems everyone sold high and then turned around and bought high. It would be great to see a summary of all home sales between 4/1/20 and 4/1/22 and how those prices differed from the pre-pandemic valuation of those homes.  I bet the difference is pretty shocking. Maybe there is still enough housing demand waiting for a dip to keep things from really dropping. 

It’s going to crash soon but not of the same magnitude as 2007.

https://fortune.com/2022/05/09/housing-bubble-watch-housing-markets-are-beginning-to-look-like-they-did-in-2007/amp/

I can’t wait to be able to have my morning coffee again and now that we’re getting into deep summer, ice’d coffee. 

I had five teeth extracted Friday and I guess I can’t drink with a straw (so no ice’d coffee. The best park of Dunkin ice’d coffee is drinking it from the straw) and I can’t have coffee because I guess it could increase risk of infection. 

not sure how long I have to wait but ughhh I miss it 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can’t wait to be able to have my morning coffee again and now that we’re getting into deep summer, ice’d coffee. 

I had five teeth extracted Friday and I guess I can’t drink with a straw (so no ice’d coffee. The best park of Dunkin ice’d coffee is drinking it from the straw) and I can’t have coffee because I guess it could increase risk of infection. 

Wiz do you share my hobby of checking out webcams for different parts of the country when severe weather is approaching? Since we can’t get it here “weather voyeurism” is the next best thing:

https://www.windomnet.com/live-webcam/

time sensitive 

Under a tornado warning 

4 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Wiz do you share my hobby of checking out webcams for different parts of the country when severe weather is approaching? Since we can’t get it here “weather voyeurism” is the next best thing:

https://www.windomnet.com/live-webcam/

time sensitive 

Under a tornado warning 

I’ve tried to do some of this before but it’s something I definitely should do…especially if there’s potential tornadoes involved. Thanks for the link! Will check it out now 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

5 teeth?! Holy crap. That sucks. I have to have some periodontal work done and I’m not looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I would give it at least a week of healing and be taking anti-oxidant vitamins and stay away from inflammatory foods and drinks.   I'm not sure why black coffee would risk infection, cream and sugar more likely culprits.

52 minutes ago, mreaves said:

5 teeth?! Holy crap. That sucks. I have to have some periodontal work done and I’m not looking forward to it. 

Eh it really wasn’t bad. My girlfriend and a few others kept telling me I was dumb for doing 5 teeth at once and it was going to be brutal but it really wasn’t. 

The whole procedure only took 35-40 minutes and they had me on nitrous oxide. For take home they gave me oxycodone for if the pain was really intense. I only took 3. One Friday evening, Sunday, and then tonight b/c I ate a lot of chewy foods. I’ve been taking one 600mg ibuprofen each morning but I’d say the pain I’ve had was probably never more than a 2. And two amoxicillin to prevent infection. Just a bit uncomfortable at times with soreness. 

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would give it at least a week of healing and be taking anti-oxidant vitamins and stay away from inflammatory foods and drinks.   I'm not sure why black coffee would risk infection, cream and sugar more likely culprits.

Ohhh good call on the anti-oxidant vitamins  they mentioned that and I completely forgot. I can’t stand black coffee…I’m a cream and super sweet coffee person. 

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

What about people that were 6 months from being able to tap into their 401Ks. They just lost a crap ton of mulah

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

You haven't lost anything until you sell. 

But yeah, it sucks.   Folks who pay no attention to the market and look at their 401 every few months are in for a shock. 

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I had a tooth pulled a couple months ago and said the same thing to me, I was using a straw the next day, just go easy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Crypto is in crash mode today (again)

Top 10 coins by market cap . AVAX and Solana down 32% and 25% 

Don’t Wanna “hodl” into a fed tightening / removing liquidity experiment 

It will take some patience but BTC should regain 50K by September.

10 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

What about people that were 6 months from being able to tap into their 401Ks. They just lost a crap ton of mulah

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Yes , but being that close they maybe in better vehicles than stocks , like I Bonds that pay 9%Thou so many financial advisors are trash and just want you “fully invested” for the fees 

• Like 1