Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

For those of you that like the first generation of heavy metal, it’s a bit more obscure but check out Uriah Heep “Look at Yourself” and “Demons and Wizards”. 
Also, Nazareth’s “Loud and Proud” and “Hair of the Dog” are also good listens.

Easy livin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

For those of you that like the first generation of heavy metal, it’s a bit more obscure but check out Uriah Heep “Look at Yourself” and “Demons and Wizards”. 

Demons and Wizards is a classic. Sir Lord Baltimore "Kingdom Come" is a sleeper 

• Like 1

Thank you guys, very much, for those well-wishes during this time welling over in sorrow. 

I lost my job this last December, and in lot of very pragmatic ways more so than symbolic, it was a well-timed inconvenience.  Perhaps the trope, 'things happen for a reason,' is more than mere platitude. My sister needed regular shuttling to and fro for treatments - her ability to do so had become too compromised, and the rest of family and friends spread out quite far ... with her weakened immune system and Covid - it just was what it was, thankfully.

It was a time to reflect of course,  ... but delving deeper into life and philosophy become quite difficult to plumb when what lurks there is finality.  Her cancer was incurable, though she was trying.  Even I was perhaps denying, for her faculties never faded, right up to the end. Fully cognizant. Acutely, cruelly aware.  Her lucidity along the days, it just made it so difficulty to see a future in this way.   And so now in hindsight, I was too disconnected: that was her journey of death. 

If that's what that looks like, no one is safe. 

I'm pretty sure this run-in with Covid was helped along by traversing that reality.    

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Thank you guys, very much, for those well-wishes during this time welling over in sorrow. 

I lost my job this last December, and in lot of very pragmatic ways more so than symbolic, it was a well-timed inconvenience.  Perhaps the trope, 'things happen for a reason,' is more than mere platitude. My sister needed regular shuttling to and fro for treatments - her ability to do so had become too compromised, and the rest of family and friends spread out quite far ... with her weakened immune system and Covid - it just was what it was, thankfully.

It was a time to reflect of course,  ... but delving deeper into life and philosophy become quite difficult to plumb when what lurks there is finality.  Her cancer was incurable, though she was trying.  Even I was perhaps denying, for her faculties never faded, right up to the end. Fully cognizant. Acutely, cruelly aware.  Her lucidity along the ways, it just made it so difficulty to see a future in this way.   And so now in hindsight, I was too disconnected: that was her journey of death. 

If that's what that looks like, no one is safe. 

I'm pretty sure this run-in with Covid was helped along by traversing that reality.    

my condolences. Cancer sucks.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Here are some good new 80’s like bands for @Cold Miserand myself

• Like 3

On 4/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, Typhoon Tip said:

Define a shit week:

Sister dies, two days later, COVID positive ...

Just read this. Wow.  Sorry to hear this.  Truly, I am.  Heated banter back and forth on a web forum is one thing, but in the end, none of it matters in the end compared to the loss of a family member.

My sincerest condolences to you.

• Thanks 1